• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Change max upload size

prutser

New Pleskian
Hi
There are a lot of topics on the forums in which this problem gets resolved, however i haven't found a solution yet.
I've been trying to change the max_upload_size for my wordpress websites
i would like to make this change server wide if possible.

Already tried following the documentation, which didnt work for me.
After that i tried changing the PHP.ini from Tools & Settings > PHP Settings > php.ini but after making the change/restarting server the field is now empty.
So i tried adding
Code:
@ini_set( 'upload_max_size' , '64M' );
@ini_set( 'post_max_size', '64M');
@ini_set( 'max_execution_time', '300' );
To functions.php inside a wordpress website.

None of the above has changed my default value of 2MB.
I am hosting my Plesk server with Digitalocean

Im still very new to Plesk have had experience with hosting WHM/cPanel tho (i dont want to go back)

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Prutser

I've made those changes now and after restarting my plesk server the code is still there, but wordpress is still showing max upload size 2MB
files upload.pngdownload.png
Now i also checked if it would work if i add the code above to functions.php again.
Could it be that im looking over very obvious setting? (usually i am that stupid)

Please create a file "info.php" in the document root of your Wordpress hosting with the following content:
PHP:
<?php
    phpinfo();
?>
Then, call your website https://www.yourdomain.tld/info.php
Now the active PHP settings are displayed. When you search for "upload_max_size", what do you see?

OK, so the upload_max_filesize setting for your domain is at 2M. There can be multiple locations where this value has been configured:
  1. In the Service Plan of your subscription
  2. In a custom configuration of your domain
  3. In a .user.ini file inside of your documentroot
  4. Server-wide in the php.ini file
What I suggest:
  • Remove all of your workarounds/hacks that you previously applied. Also remove all .user.ini files if any
  • Have a look at the PHP settings of your domain in Plesk (Domain => PHP Settings), what value of upload_max_filesize did you set there?
  • Have a good read of the following two articles in order to understand how PHP settings in Plesk work and in which order they are applied and how they are inherited (this is crucial to understand):

I see 2G there.

I see 2M. The output of phpinfo() clearly shows which values are _active_ . The 2nd screenshot only shows what was configured somewhere (2G) but not what's really active. That's why I was asking for the output of phpinfo(), to see if the configured values are really in effect or not.

Back