• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change quotas on Plesk 12 Web App Edition

Juanjomx

New Pleskian
I dont find where or how can I change default mailbox size, traffic and disk space for each domain in Plesk 12 Web App Edition,
I only have unlimited by default.

Best regards

Thanks,

I understand that this version has no account and suscription control. But resourses should be controled in the domain . Shouldnt be at least quotas ?
Can I establish any quota with console commands or any other way ?

This is version for Web App Developers, who build and deploy web applications. They want powerful server management tools for custom application development and deployment.
If you need configure hosting resources - use Web Host Edition.

We use the admin edition though. So are you saying it can't be changed on the admin edition either? Just a break down form your site, no where does it mention anything that it is for developers:

Best for: Web Administrators and IT Professionals who are hosting self-managed sites
  • Easily manage your own server, websites, domains, email and more
  • Manage your server and websites from any mobile device
  • Security to protect your sites from malware attacks

In WebApp Edition you can define mailbox size when you create it and you can change it later for already created mailbox.

change default mailbox size, traffic and disk space for each domain

This possibility doesn't exists in any edition. You can define traffic and disk space on subscription but not for separate domain.

While this may already be very obvious (so disregard this reply if that is the case), in editions that support resource management you can always create a separate subscription for each each domain and then set the limits etc... of each subscription's plan accordingly (which are then propagated to their respective assigned unlocked subscriptions).

While this may already be very obvious (so disregard this reply if that is the case), in editions that support resource management you can always create a separate subscription for each each domain and then set the limits etc... of each subscription's plan accordingly (which are then propagated to their respective assigned unlocked subscriptions).
Yes, you are correct.

Hello hans1,

you don't have the possibilty to change a mailbox size limit larger than the default setting for a domain. You can only set a lower limit, but no higher ones in the "Web App Edition".
If you would like to set other basic limits, you have to use subscriptions plans, which are not available with "Web App Edition". If you desire to change hosting limits, you have to use "Web host Edition", for example.

Thanks UFHH01. Finally someone coming to the table saying how it is. Plesks description of the web admin edition is flawed. If i have to use the hosted edition just to change mailbox quotas, oh dear... I might as well just get cPanel for the same amount of money, which imho is miles better than plesk.

Last edited:
Hi hans1,

hm.. what makes you think, that cPanel might be a better solution than Plesk? Feel free to let me know over a private conversation, because I don't want to hijack the thread with a conversation of pro and contras for different software solutions.

Just to clear this again for users with the same question: The "Web App Edition" is designed for "Web App Developers, who build and deploy web applications. They want powerful server management tools for custom application development and deployment" as stated by @IgorG ( http://talk.plesk.com/threads/change-quotas-on-plesk-12-web-app-edition.305047/#post-771335 ). This is as well the reason, why such a license is far cheaper, than a license for the "Web host Edition" and you certainly don't have the same options and features on both editions.

UFHH01. Have you read thoroughly through my posts? Notice anything? I am NOT using the Web Host Edition. I am using the Web Admin Edition. View the image below. Now do yourself a favor and head over here http://odin.com/products/plesk/plesk-editions/ and read through the specs. Let me just copy that for you:

Web Admin Edition:
Best for: Web Administrators and IT Professionals who are hosting self-managed sites
  • Easily manage your own server, websites, domains, email and more
  • Manage your server and websites from any mobile device
  • Security to protect your sites from malware attacks
I have marked the important parts in bold. Notice anything? Where is this edition for developers?

I will also not go into a debate why I think cPanel is better. different strokes for different folks. But let me tell you, the support sucks.
I myself have been a Linux admin for many years and I am used to cPanel. I am just here as a client of mine is using this version and he asked me for help. But he has already agreed to make the move to cPanel. So we can close this case.
Maybe just reply in any case on how to change the quota, maybe one day another IT pro will come across the same flaw/issue. Seriously, 600MB per box. Are we in 1998?

Ciao

Web admin edition: http://postimg.org/image/xznex3xcf/

Last edited:
Hi hans1,

did you notice the thread title? Change quotas on Plesk 12 Web App Edition. Please open your own thread, if you would like more suggestions, regarding "Web ADMIN Edition", because forum - users and helpers might be confused in getting all sorts of informations, which might not suit their licences.

You sure might edit any hosting and mail quotas in your "Web ADMIN Edition". As stated before, please use another subscriptions plan, create a new subscription plan, or modify the existing one. Due to the case, that "Web ADMIN Edition" doesn't have the availabilty to change this over the Plesk Control Panel, please use the command line and use for example:

plesk bin subscription --switch-subscription example.com -service-plan Unlimited

To see all possible commands for this utility, please use the string "--help"

plesk bin subscription --help

Please have a look at the Plesk 12 documentation for more informations, regarding the subscription_settings utility:

Hosting Subscription Settings: subscription_settings Utility ( Plesk 12 online documentation )

Last edited by a moderator:
fellas, i am into a admin plesk version, and i need to change mailbox size... how can i do that?
i didn't find a way...

i found it
Code:
mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -Ne "select name from domains where parentDomainId=0 and webspace_id=0" | while read a; do /usr/local/psa/bin/subscription_settings -u $a -mbox_quota -1; done

Back