• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Changing email password changes Admin Panel password too!?

Torsten S.

New Pleskian
Hi there,

today i changed the password for the admin panel for a customer (username eg. mylogin). 10 minutes later he called me and said that he cannot get into his emailaccount anymore. Checked the password and saw that the emailpassword for his emailaddress (eg. [email protected]) is now the same from the admin panel login. So i changed the emailpassword and checked the admin panel login - it now has the emailpassword. What a mess...

I'm running Plesk Panel 11.5.30 MU47.

Best regards, Torsten

Changing admin panel password changes email password too!?

Hi there, here is something courious.

So lets explain the current situation...

Adminpanel Username: mytestuser
Email Account: [email protected]

So i change the Adminpanel Password to "test1234", 10 minutes later the customer calls me, that he can't retrieve any emails anymore. Checked the email password and woahhh...it's now test1234.
I changed it at the Adminpanel -> Emailaccount back to "1234test" and it works like charm. Later the customer calls me, that he cannot login into the Adminpanel with the given username and the password "test1234".
I checked this and now the password for the Adminpanel is now "1234test"...

What happened here? I think that works in the last Versions and now the useraccount cannot have an unique password other than the mailaccount?

Best regards,
Torsten

Back