• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

changing hostname after installation

DilanR

New Pleskian
I have just bought a dedicated server with Herzner.de running Debian 6 and Plesk 11. They have installed my Plesk with a default hostname which has two upper case letters in it, such as MyWebsite.org. I asked them to correct this and make it mywebsite.org, but this is an unmanaged server and they will not do it. In an attempt to make this write I have made the server a bit unstable now and folder system are messed up.

I have reinstalled Plesk on my server but it did not ask me for hostname so it used the old one again. Is there anyway to uninstall and reinstall a fresh copy of Plesk on my server? Is there any way I can redefine the hostname?

Have you tried to change hostname in Home>Tools & Settings> Server settings ?

Yes I did

At first it did not allow me, then I changed it in pas database, table.host, but still when I create new domain it will direct that to a same format folder name. I rename the folder, but filemanager did not find file and folder any more.

Do you think this might do the trick

http://wiki.debian.org/HowTo/ChangeHostname

But the found a tread which says the only way it removing and reinstalling the Plesk

Back