• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Changing The MTA in use from QmailL to Postfix

PaddingtonC

Basic Pleskian
I want to change the MTA in use on my Plesk panel 9.5.4 Ubuntu 8.04 server from Qmail to Postfix. In the directory/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/ I ran the autoinstaller but got an error that the agriculture-pack1 is causing the change to fail. Is this agricuture pack useful in the working of my Plesk server? can I unistall and purge it? Is there a work around?

AFAIK agriculture-pack1 package is not related to Plesk and Parallels.

This became a complex issue on our legacy Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit server which we had to solve. We had to solve it because Postfix is the standard on all our servers and we have well established SNMP monitoring for Postfix Deferred queue, which typically alerts us when a hacker has compromised our server (normally a CMS, Joomla, outdated Joomla and / or Joomla Modules).

The actual file in question is
agriculture-pack1_4.5.0.20081222-1_all.deb
and a quick Google pointed to this to http://plesk-autoinstall.mirror.ser..._4.5.0/dist-deb-Ubuntu-8.04-x86_64/templates/

So it seems that actually agriculture-pack1 is part of sitebuilder, some kind of templates for creating agriculture websites.

Every time we tried to upgrade Plesk this file gave an error. To get past this error the solution was to
apt-get remove sitebuilder

However, thereafter Plesk still wouldn't switch to Postfix because Ubuntu 8.04 is not longer supported. Even changing
/etc/apt/sources.list
to point to legacy
old-releases
didn't work because 8.04 is a few months out of 5 year support.

The final solution, after getting rid of the agriculture1 problem, was to mount an Ubuntu 8.04 ISO CD and point sources.list to it. For example, on our system we changed all instances of
to
deb file:/media/ubuntu804/ hardy main restricted
Full procedure for mounting ISO as apt source is here:
http://linuxconfig.org/add-iso-image-to-apt-sourceslist

Thereafter Plesk could be switched from Qmail to Postfix.

Back