1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Check before release, MySQL Problem in installer on 7.5.3 to 7.5.4

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by stevenf, Aug 23, 2005.

1. stevenf

stevenf Guest

When i've upgraded this morning a 7.5.3 server to 7.5.4 (for try to fix another problem of non-generation of webalizer stats) at the end of the installation, the installer say "can connect to mysql on localhost" for do something.

Ok, i've been go try to start manualy the service but he doesn't wanted to start saying path are not correct.

In fact, my installation is on D:\Plesk and haved on my.ini set c:\prog....

With help of event manager i've fixed on the fly for finish the installation.

I've a lot of problem, like corruption of mailenable account file, statistics and other things. okay many things work, but not all, and a customer doesn't allow me to say "it's work at 98% it's already great no ?"

I start to be a bit tired , i've thinked to change our 20 hosting server that we manage manually for set on it plesk for automation, now ive forget the idea.

Anyway, if you encounter the problem you have the answer (didn't find it on the forum) it's a great product, but you need to test it more.

Best Regards

2. stevenf

stevenf Guest

Same thing happen for BIND, i've changed path in every key in registry, now it's work.

Administration interface is quite faster than 7.5.3.

3. stevenf

stevenf Guest

webmail don't work anymore
    pop and smtp service don't work anymore
    awstats unavailable
    backup with web interface unavailable

1 upgrade, 1 day of fix, it's rox !!! .:cool: