• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Check if you can write files in the / tmp directory

Émerson Felinto

Regular Pleskian
I'm taking the Linux Experts course and I came across this test (see the print below). I ran the command and received this error (see print again). Any idea what that might be?
Screenshot 2018-03-01 at 12.59.02.png
Screenshot 2018-03-01 at 13.02.59.png

Only concerned with tmp. I don't see it there so the results would be acceptable.

well it seems you use a different setup/system therefore the examples and results from the expert course will differ. In your example you dont have a mount point for /tmp, therfore I guess it is a folder in / and should work

or do you have real issues to write into /tmp?

He's using grep to find just the mounts that are noexec that's why you're not seeing /tmp.

@IgorG can you see the first print? It has been taken from an official plesk page and seems to conflict with that documentation you passed. Could you explain better?

For documentation I searched Google for "mount -l | grep noexec plesk" and just found an official plesk link for invalid documentation. What do you suggest I would do?

can you see the first print? It has been taken from an official plesk page
What do you mean? I thought it is from your "Linux Experts course".
But if you meant this KB article Plesk Upgrade Guide I can say that this article are described necessary pre-upgrade procedures, and indeed for successful upgrade procedure execution files in the /tmp directory is the mandatory requirement.

What do you mean? I thought it is from your "Linux Experts course".

This print was taken from the "Linux Experts course".
What I'm trying to say is that what confused me is that your course is recommending one thing and your documentation recommends another ... would not that be a mistake? Or misconception on my part? Could you explain me better?

Think you're just not understanding the material ....

It's walking you thru an upgrade scenario. It's having you check for mounts that are noexec. No output is good, because you can't have tmp mounted noexec during an upgrade.

Nothing conflicting about the material.

Back