1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Chmod problem

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by VirginieL, Jul 25, 2010.

1. VirginieL

VirginieL Guest

Hello

When I install a web application (php script) on the server and that it must manage the creation of directory and / or file, I have a problem of access rights (chmod).

Caution: carefully following the installation procedure and changing the write permissions via FTP (via FileZilla). IT IS NOT A PROBLEM FOR INSTALLATION! But while running an application on the server (all domains).

For example, I just installed Vtiger CRM.
    Installation is ok, the application works but when I want to install the French pack (which installs files in all directories almost impossible via FTP) it displays dozens of error messages like:

Warning: file_put_contents(modules/Accounts/language/fr_fr.lang.php) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/vhosts/domain.net/httpdocs/crm/vtlib/thirdparty/dUnzip2.inc.php on line 297

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Unable to access modules/Accounts/language/fr_fr.lang.php in /var/www/vhosts/domain.net/httpdocs/crm/vtlib/thirdparty/dUnzip2.inc.php on line 225

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: stat failed for modules/Accounts/language/fr_fr.lang.php in /var/www/vhosts/domain.net/httpdocs/crm/vtlib/thirdparty/dUnzip2.inc.php on line 225
    Copying file modules/Accounts/language/fr_fr.lang.php ... FAILED

I have the same type of problem in an application (Plogger) that manages the images and where directory creation problem ...

Etc..

Thank you for your help
    Virgine

2. lvalics

lvalics Silver Pleskian Plesk Guru

43%
  3. VirginieL

VirginieL Guest

Thanks Lehel.

I tried your tutorial but this command does not work :
    (Yum is installed on my server)

4. lvalics