• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Chmod problem

V

VirginieL

Hello

When I install a web application (php script) on the server and that it must manage the creation of directory and / or file, I have a problem of access rights (chmod).

Caution: carefully following the installation procedure and changing the write permissions via FTP (via FileZilla). IT IS NOT A PROBLEM FOR INSTALLATION! But while running an application on the server (all domains).

For example, I just installed Vtiger CRM.
Installation is ok, the application works but when I want to install the French pack (which installs files in all directories almost impossible via FTP) it displays dozens of error messages like:

Warning: file_put_contents(modules/Accounts/language/fr_fr.lang.php) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/vhosts/domain.net/httpdocs/crm/vtlib/thirdparty/dUnzip2.inc.php on line 297

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Unable to access modules/Accounts/language/fr_fr.lang.php in /var/www/vhosts/domain.net/httpdocs/crm/vtlib/thirdparty/dUnzip2.inc.php on line 225

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: stat failed for modules/Accounts/language/fr_fr.lang.php in /var/www/vhosts/domain.net/httpdocs/crm/vtlib/thirdparty/dUnzip2.inc.php on line 225
Copying file modules/Accounts/language/fr_fr.lang.php ... FAILED

I have the same type of problem in an application (Plogger) that manages the images and where directory creation problem ...

Etc..

Thank you for your help
Virgine

Thanks Lehel.

I tried your tutorial but this command does not work :
yum install mod_suphp
(Yum is installed on my server)

rpmdb: Lock table is out of available locker entries
rpmdb: Unknown locker ID: 34c2
error: db4 error(22) from db->close: Argument invalide
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - Ne peut allouer de la mémoire (12)
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/yum", line 29, in ?
yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 85, in main
base.getOptionsConfig(args)
File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 163, in getOptionsConfig
disabled_plugins=self.optparser._splitArg(opts.disableplugins))
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/__init__.py", line 164, in _getConfig
self._conf = config.readMainConfig(startupconf)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/config.py", line 685, in readMainConfig
yumvars['releasever'] = _getsysver(startupconf.installroot, startupconf.distroverpkg)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/config.py", line 755, in _getsysver
idx = ts.dbMatch('provides', distroverpkg)
TypeError: rpmdb open failed

1) Become superuser
2) Make sure no instances or 'rpm' or 'yum' are running
3) rm /var/lib/rpm/__db.*
4) rpm --rebuilddb

Back