• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

choosing IP address Plesk runs under

R

ridgey

Hi there,

Running a plesk 7.5.4 server, initial install and setup all good no problems. I have since put a second IP address on the machine on a second ethernet nic. Now for some reason the Plesk server is assuming the 192.168.x.x address instead of the IP address on the wan interface which is causing all the licenses to give the following :

The current license key is for another IP or Plesk version

errors.

How can i set which IP address plesk server and assoicated services binds to ???

Thanks for your time.

Regards
Nathan.

Plesk assumes that eth0 is the primary WAN IP, the same IP which was used to register your license key. Unless you disable eth0 adapter and use eth1 as the primary NIC.

In servers where the onboard NIC is either not an Intel chip, or where I don't want eth0 to be a 100 Mbps, then I disable the onboard and use PCI Intel 1000's. Then the first PCI NIC gets eth0 status.

So you will have to make sure eth0 has the external WAN IP which was used to register your Plesk license key.

Back