• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ClamAV 0.88.2 not updating?

J

jerry2

Hi there

I use Plesk 7.5.6 and Clamav. Seems to be working fine, virus do get blocked (at least the fake files I got hands on)... But there are some problems...

1. The clamd.exe seems to be not starting when rebooted. I have to start it by hand running start-clamd.bat. How can I make this permanent?

2. My freshclam works in updating the virus definistions, but it doesn't work when scheduled from Plesk :-( Also I get this email to my admin email:

Running task: C:\clamav-devel\bin\freshclam.exe
Started: Tue Apr 18 00:00:00 2006
The task output is attached to the e-mail
Ended with code 62: Tue Apr 18 00:00:01 2006

ERROR: Problem with internal logger.
ERROR: Can't open /cygdrive/c/clamav-devel/log/freshclam.log in append mode (check permissions!).

Anbody can help me please?

Hello, Sir

To have the antivirus starting at boot, you need to make sure it is selected in Plesk -> Server -> Components Management as the default Antivirus. You can also check if Clam AV service is set to run automatically (services should be checked during a terminal session).

As for the update, make sure, that the file mentioned c/clamav-devel/log/freshclam.log
has write permissions for the user, that executes the scheduled task. NTFS permissios can also be checked via remote Desktop.

I have found out that I have to give the log file Plesk administrator permission and it works.

I didn't find how to set it up to run automatically though :-( It is set as default mail in Plesk, but I can not find it in services on my Windows 2003.

Back