• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

clamscan and outgoing mail

H

hanes

've been using clamscan for incoming mail, with odeiavir.

This works perfect. Has anyone been able to get clamscan work for outgoing mail ?

Any feebdack is appreciated

Thanks,

hannes

Hey ART,

I was using the clamav/qscanq combination on my server b4 iI moved to 7.5.1 and a FEDORA core. Now When I try to follow the instructions in the how-to listed elsewhere on this forum it doesn't work.. (basically there seems to be some problem when it tries to compile/build the install files)

I seem to remember that you had a YUM install of the whole shooting match but haven't been able to find your clamav/qscan installation.

Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.

This is gonna sound dumb but where can I find the info for adding the atomic channel to my yum.conf file? (or just to specify it on the command line)

sorry.

FiNALLY GOT IT TO INSTALL...

was getting an error in the qmail-reconfigure script on lines 11 and 12...something about setuidgid not being found...

I located setuidgid and cp'd it to the directory that the script was looking in and all went smoothly.

Don't quite understand why I had to do that but it appears that all is working.

any comments about what that error was?

bounce messages with virii

Hi,

To be sure. Will virii get bounced if send
to non-existent user or domain.

Or will they still be bounced.

This line confused be a bit :

http://www.atomicrocketturtle.com/m...ns&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=15&page=1

Other Options
By default spamassassin is set to ONLY add a header(X-Spam-Status:) to the message, it will NOT relabel subject lines or delete any messages indicated as spam (virii are bounced to the sender). If you want to have spam messages relabeled, Edit the line:
my $spamc_subject='';

thanks,

hannes

Yes, virii will be bounced to non-existant domains if you have q-s set to notify the sender. This is disabled by default for that reason.

mail relay

Thanks,

It works very well, no more virri in the bounce.

Also i want to ask you will your qscan rpm filter mail
that comes from other servers that are granted
permission to relay though the host ?

I'm thinking of setting up a dedicated box, through wich
i will route all sendmail (cgi and php) mail.
( i have a perl wrapper to replace sendmail and relay to another host )

So i can troubleshoot exploited scripts from customers
used in spamruns from one central point. Graph them etc.

Regards,

Hanes

Yes its going to process all mail that goes through the queue, it doesnt matter if its generated locally/remotely or authenticated.

If you're looking for a dedicated mail scanner platform, I created one called Project Gamera, more info is available on my website.

Back