• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Clean Plesk Onxy installation on Centos 7.2

sahinler

Basic Pleskian
Hi to all,

I'm trying to install Plesk on a new server; installation on Centos 7.2 is finished, Log file invite me to connect Admin area. But I can't connect to Plesk Admin panel; there is a TimeOut problem No route to host (113).

Could you please help me to fix this problem ?

===> Installing and configuring Named Server

Checking for the system groups and users necessary for named (bind)...
Checking for the group 'named'...
Group 'named' already exists

Checking for the user 'named'...
User 'named' already exists

Trying to create named run-root directory... done
Trying to untar named run-root directory structure... done
Trying to create named.conf... done
Trying to set up default permissions... done
Trying to register service named-chroot... done
Trying to stop service named-chroot... inactive
done
Trying to start service named-chroot... active
done
Trying to start service mariadb... active
done
Trying to establish test connection... connected
done
Trying to create reverse DNS zone... /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mk_reverse_zone[45906]: Canonname is not correct fqdn
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mk_reverse_zone[45906]: It is impossible to detect the FQDN of the host.
Please make sure that the host name is correctly specified in /etc/hosts and goes right after the host's IP addr ess.
Depending on your OS, you might need to set the host name in /etc/HOSTNAME or /etc/hostname.
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
what(): Error on configure reverse DNS zone for localhost : fail to detect hostname

WARNING!
Some problems are found during create reverse DNS zone - there is error during utility '/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mk_reverse_zone' execution, please fix the problem and run it again.(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/ples k_17.0.17_installation.log)

Continue...

===> Cumulative APS controller upgrade (final stage) has been started.
===> Cumulative upgrade of APS controller (final stage) has been completed.
Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/sw-cp-server.service to /usr/lib/systemd/system/sw-cp-server.service.
Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/psa.service to /usr/lib/systemd/system/psa.service.
Stopping sw-cp-server (via systemctl): [ OK ]
Starting sw_engine service... done
Starting sw_cp_server service... done
Starting mysql service... already started
Starting named service... already started
Starting mailer service... done
Starting spamfilter service... already started
Starting drweb service... unused
Starting tomcat service... unused
Starting apache service... already started
Starting xinetd service... done
===> Configuring ProFTPD server
Done!
Installing patches...
All files were downloaded. All patches were applied.

Patches were installed successfully.
Launching component and product checkers...
Downloading file PSA_17.0.17/examiners/congratulations.sh: 100% was finished.
Components and product check results:
Installation is finished

Congratulations!

What is hostname of your Plesk server? It should be in FQDN format with correct record in /etc/hosts
Have you checked this?

I corrected it like follow lines:

Code:
127.0.0.1   sd-121234.dedibox.fr sd-121234 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1         sd-121234.dedibox.fr sd-121234 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6

Last edited:
It seem exact but when I check headers return me "No route to host (113)".

Code:
[root@sd-121234 ~]# hostname
sd-121234.dedibox.fr

Last edited:
https://sd-121234.dedibox.fr:8443/ doesn't work :(

Now I have without HTTPS but I can't enter Plesk Admin area, when I repair installation with command I get following lines:

INFO: [Fri Mar 17 16:46:51 CET 2017]: Serice: nginx, Action: start
Trying to start service nginx... failed
Mar 17 16:46:52 sd-121234.dedibox.fr systemd[1]: Starting Startup script for nginx service...
Mar 17 16:46:52 sd-121234.dedibox.fr test[109690]: /usr/bin/test: missing argument after ‘yes’
Mar 17 16:46:52 sd-121234.dedibox.fr systemd[1]: nginx.service: control process exited, code=exited status=2
Mar 17 16:46:52 sd-121234.dedibox.fr systemd[1]: Failed to start Startup script for nginx service.
Mar 17 16:46:52 sd-121234.dedibox.fr systemd[1]: Unit nginx.service entered failed state.
Mar 17 16:46:52 sd-121234.dedibox.fr systemd[1]: nginx.service failed.

Last edited:
Hi sahinler,

it seems, that NGINX is disabled at the moment. Pls. try the command ( logged in as user "root" over SSH ) :

plesk sbin nginxmng --enable

While you are logged in over SSH, consider as well to use the commands:

plesk repair installation -y -v
plesk repair all -y -v
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

Back