• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cleaning up a Plesk 10.4.4 install before migration

phlampe

New Pleskian
Hello All !

I'm trying to migrate a complete server from my production installation to a backup server, in the idea of having it ready to start in case of a failure. I was able to send the dump file by script to my destination server (see thread http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=616787 for details), but the import of one of my domains fails miserably.

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Plesk Panel 10.4.4, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, Dual Core

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Migration from local files and by connecting directly to source server fails on 1 domain out of 18 (see thread http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=616787 for details)

Before starting the migration, I first remove all customers and their domains by selecting them in the "Hosting Services -> Customers" list, and clicking "Remove".

I then start a migration, either from local files or from a server.

ACTUAL RESULT
Failed migration on domain formitel.net with the following errors:

ERROR: (client object 'formitel') Failed deployment of domain formitel.net
ERROR: () Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php --create formitel.net -owner formitel -do-not-apply-skeleton -notify false -guid a23f0a40-ad35-4af2-ae8d-20ef24fd6bb1 -vendor-guid 0be16646-df50-46dc-9a38-f32a77d87ff3 -creation-date 2007-12-28 -ip 1.2.3.4 -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
An error occurred during domain creation: Domain with name "formitel.net" already exists

And another inconsistency: when I check the customers list (Hosting Services -> customers), I find all 7 customers and 17 domains listed, but when I check the Hosting Services -> Domains list, it's all empty

EXPECTED RESULT
A successful migration :) But it seems everything doesn't get wiped out when I remove my customers. What else can be done to completely clean my installation before importing everything ? Is there a "restore to just out of the box state" command somewhere ?

Do I have to reinstall Plesk 10.4.4 maybe ?

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for any help or comment,
Paul-Henri

Thanks for your answer, I'll try that.

From my first overview of the description in the KB article, it doesn't seem to clean the destination Plesk server before importing ? If I understand correctly what it does, it will import any existing data and overwrite a domain if it is already present.

Is there a way to have that script work from local files prepared by an agent ?

Paul-Henri

Back