• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Client Email Passwords

W

WWHammond

In the New Panel I can't find any way to set or change Client
Email Passwords..?

You can do it with /usr/local/psa/bin/mail utility with -u and -passwd options (--hel option for details)

No Luck so far

Thanks Igor
but that solution doesn't appear to work. the -u command doesn't recognize
any of the domain mail clients and there does not seem to be a -password option.

There should be a method in the Plesk Panel to set or change Email passwords, but
so far it eludes me...

Yet another Plesk 10 bug. There should be a way to change the email password from the GUI. Yes, I know how to use the CLI but my customers don't (and don't have access to it anyway).

Maybe this will help. With the migration to Plesk 10.x and after creating the customers and changing the subscribers to the different domains, I noted it that there was no chance to change the password for some E-Mail Addresses using the GUI, because there was a problem with the Useres associated to the different E-Mail Addresses "Error: The user account was not found. This could happen if the user account was removed by someone else while you were changing its settings.".

I also noted that in some cases the E-Mail Address wasn't associated to any User. In such cases changing the password using the GUI was possible. So my question is: Is there any way to remove the User associated to an E-Mail Address in order to be able to change the password using th GUI?

Is there any way to remove the User associated to an E-Mail Address in order to be able to change the password using th GUI?

I echo this. I upgraded from 9.x and cannot change passwords on any of my client email accounts. Sure, I could use the CLI, but when you have over 300 email addresses and don't want to have to manage them all manually, it would really be nice to have an interface to do it from the site.

Clearly there's some bug with the upgrade from 9.x to 10.x that tried to create "user" accounts for each of the email addresses - but FAILED. Is there a way to run a simple repair for those user accounts OR to remove the non-existent "user" account references?

You are right, there is a bug in the Plesk 10 migration tool so it messes up your mail system when you migrate websites from Plesk 9. It can be fixed by manipulating the MySQL database directly, but it's a bit too fiddly to explain here. Send me a PM or an email if you'd like me to help you fix it.

Back