• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Clobbered installation

W

wjmillikin

I've clobbered my installation - not yet online with users - as follows:
Lost password for Mysql DB for Sitebuilder.

Restored wrong password - thus not fixing the problem and clobbering password for admin - from Plesk 7.5.4 --

So - couldn't get back into admin on plesk.

SO - getting very tired and frustrated, rather than just stop, sleep on it and fix it in the morning, I attempted to a) delete and uninstall all rpms for both packages, then reinstall...

Well - with no proper users in Mysql - plesk couldn't install - so I finally fixed that, then, on the last try - the message 'cannot determine version information' comes up on psa_installer after first screen.

SO - now what? Does anyone know what to do, short of reinstalling linux from scratch and totally starting over?

Thanx!

Also delete mysql RPMS, and delete /var/lib/mysql directory. Then reinstall mysql and also delete the folders:

/etc/psa/
/usr/local/psa

and the Plesk installation will work. But you should not do this just because you forgot the password :)

Thank You for the help and response...

I've been doing systems work since 1967 and I must be losing it (at least last nite), because I so totally got carried away with trying stuff - without thinking....

Arghh....

Thanx, again! I appreciate you!

Back