• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question CloudLinux 9 support

ihseko

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CloudLinux 9
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.52
CloudLinux 9 support is not visible

When will CloudLinux 9 support come?
Do you know?

At this time there is not ETA for Cloudlinux 9. For your strategy, your long-term planning it will probably be best to stay with Cloudlinux 8, if you prefer Cloudlinux over other operating systems. If you are thinking about another operating system, either Alma 8 or Alma 9 can be good choices, too. Cloudlinux 9 is built on Alma 9, but at the moment, Plesk does not support all features when it is installed on Alma 9. Chances are that there will be a long wait until support for Cloudlinux 9 is added.

If you have great arguments why Plesk should support Cloudlinux 9, please post a Uservoice request here: Feature Suggestions: Top (1814 ideas) – Your Ideas for Plesk . Let us know, why you think that CL 9 is the big thing of the future.

Any news about Cloudlinux 9 ?
Are you thinking of support it one day ? (thats a yes/no question, and will affect the OS of the next server)

At cloudfest a 3rd party suggested that if customer requests keep at the current (low) level, its going to take at least another year before CL9 will be supported- if it will be supported at all. @Peter Debik could you please comment?

As the demand is very low, I do not expect CL 9 to be supported soon. It is realistic that the earliest estimate for consideration of CL 9 support is 2025, and from there it might still take a while until it is actually supported.

I'll be honest - I'm shocked to hear that demand for CL9 and Plesk is so low. I've used this combination for years and have found it to be great and had been hoping to jump my CL7 servers to CL9 without going to CL8 in the meantime. I guess it begs the question - what are people using instead of CL?

I also added a suggestion to Uservoice. Please vote for it if you too are wanting Plesk CL9 support ...

Back