• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue COMException (0x8007054b). Urgent, please help

ES257

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Windows Server 2022
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.62 Update #1
Hi all,

Can someone help us? We have installed Plesk Obsidian on Windows Server 2022 and added a website. Let me clarify that the site is fully functional and everything works without Plesk on IIS. The splash screen loads the website and the login page is displayed. However, once you try to log in, an error message appears stating that the domain is not available. The server is in the domain, the domain and DNS are fine. Some settings in Plesk may need to be adjusted. Has anyone experienced something similar?

Screenshot 2024-07-18 121643.png

The splash screen loads the website and the login page is displayed. However, once you try to log in, an error message appears stating that the domain is not available.
Hi there, can you clarify what you mean with this precisely? Does the login of the website not work and show this error? Or is does the login to Plesk not work?

Hi there, can you clarify what you mean with this precisely? Does the login of the website not work and show this error? Or is does the login to Plesk not work?
no, there are no problems logging into plesk. The login page to our site appears as it should, but as soon as you try to log in, an error appears that the domain is unavailable. But if I connect the site without plesk, using only IIS, then there are no problems.

We took a clean, freshly installed Windows Server 2022 system, installed the latest version of Plesk, and copied our working website into the folder. Our site loads, but after entering the login and password, an error appears as shown in the picture. Can you advise where to look for the problem?

Hello
But if I connect the site without plesk, using only IIS, then there are no problems.
What does this mean? do you have the same site on the other server without plesk?
I can suggest checking system event logs, maybe there is detailed information about the error

Hello

What does this mean? do you have the same site on the other server without plesk?
I can suggest checking system event logs, maybe there is detailed information about the error
Hi,
I reviewed all possible system event logs, but did not find any information. all that is there is this error in the picture. I've run out of ideas.

We took a clean, freshly installed Windows Server 2022 system, installed the latest version of Plesk, and copied our working website into the folder. Our site loads, but after entering the login and password, an error appears as shown in the picture. Can you advise where to look for the problem?
You said this was copied from a working server to a new server, was the application developed in a way to utilized Windows Logins via a Windows Domain Network by chance? Because from the sound of the error, it's looking to connect to a Windows Domain Network which it can't which is why the login fails and spits out that error.

So if the old server is connect to a Windows Domain Network, this server would also need to be connected to the Windows Domain Network or the web application would need to be updated to not connect to it meaning you would also need to change how the logins would work via a local database of some sort.

Yes, a domain is required to log in to the site. I repeat that the server is also in the domain. and without installing plesk, the website works on iis and login without problems and without errors.

yes, the server still has access to the domain, I can also access domain folders without problems as a domain admin

Back