• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Complete Plesk Backup just enough?

BNO

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

What is the best way to backup?
Is a Complete Plesk Server Backup under Tools & Settings -> Backup-Manager enough? i Do weekly complete backups and Daily increment.
But i had under every Customer add another backup for their Domains etc.
Did i need that? or is the server backup enough?

The Problem is, i got a very high server load when backup starts. i try today to reduce priority...

As a general rule, a backup of the entire server with all subscriptions should be sufficient.

High CPU usage can be caused by various reasons. This needs to be investigated. For example, if your subscriptions have huge databases, then the backup procedure includes locking up tables. And It makes the table unreadable. To eliminate this reason, there are special settings for /etc/mysql/conf.d/mysqldump.cnf file.

So, you need to determine the causes first. If this is difficult, then I advise you to contact Plesk technical support. Experienced supporters will investigate the problem directly on your server and fix it.

Reactions: BNO
Back