• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Composer dependencies require on Plesk

We had the same problem on several servers, without doing any updates. I found the solution on plesk server for windows.:

Look for this folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\admin\plib\modules\monitoring\vendor\composer

Open this file:
platform_check.php

Edit:
if (!(PHP_VERSION_ID >= 70400)) {

into:
if (!(PHP_VERSION_ID >= 70100)) {

Refresh your Plesk panel and it works again!
Don't forget to update Plesk and PHP version after.

When i look into the extensions catalog, i found the problem:
Autoupdate with extensions was switched on.

The recently updated monitoring extension was the problem:

2.4.1 (21 October 2022)​

• [!] Monitoring v2.4.1 will be the last Monitoring update that supports Plesk versions older than Plesk 18.0.41. To continue receiving Monitoring updates with bugfixes and new features, please update your Plesk installation to version 18.0.41 or higher.
  • [-] Logging in to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.35 and earlier with Plesk Monitoring 2.4.0 installed no longer fails with the "Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version >= 7.4.0" error. (EXTPLESK-4019)

Some of our older Plesk Servers are also affected by this Problem.
Seems like Monitoring EXT was updated to PHP 7.4 dependency while old Centos 6 Plesk Servers which aren't updated by Plesk anymore fail to meet PHP 7.4 dependency and fail ...

exactly the same problem.
works just to get the window to connect, but after i have the same problem :

Finally it works with the command: plesk bin extension --disable monitoring

the problem is on both ubuntu 16.04.7 servers.

I don't have the problem on ubuntu 18.04.6 and 20.04.5 servers

We had the same problem.
As mentioned before, the monitoring plugin version 2.4.0 is the problem.
To solve it use the already mentioned command `plesk bin extension --disable monitoring` to get back into the dashboard.
From there you can update the monitoring extension from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1 and this resolved the problem.
(From the same screen you can then enable the extension again...)

Hi everyone,

The new version of the extension (with the fix) has been published.

Changes​

2.4.1 (21 October 2022)​

• [!] Monitoring v2.4.1 will be the last Monitoring update that supports Plesk versions older than Plesk 18.0.41. To continue receiving Monitoring updates with bugfixes and new features, please update your Plesk installation to version 18.0.41 or higher.
  • [-] Logging in to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.35 and earlier with Plesk Monitoring 2.4.0 installed no longer fails with the "Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version >= 7.4.0" error. (EXTPLESK-4019)

To force extension upgrade, need to run the next command:
Code:
plesk bin extension --upgrade monitoring
(c) https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/7952650625042

Also, I would recommend to keep Plesk up2date (Plesk Lifecycle Policy) because only unsupported (<18.0.35; before 8 June 2021) versions were affected by the issue.

:) Thank you very much IgorG, solved.
In the morning I authenticate myself in the plesk panel and only one line of text appears:
composer detected issues in your platform: your composer dependencies require a php version ">= 7.4.0".
Many nerves to find this post.

Could you please try to execute the following command and tell me if it fixes the issue?

# plesk bin extension --disable monitoring
I just got this issue but with your suggest i have received this reply:

# plesk bin extension --disable monitoring

The extension monitoring is not installed.

Hi matgu,

I would suggest create a new thread with more detailed information like
- OS version,
- Plesk version,
- Exact error text.

I have the same issue: Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 7.4.0".

Have disabled both monitoring and composer (and other extensions) but still see the error.

Any ideas on other things to try and fix?

I have the same issue: Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 7.4.0".

Have disabled both monitoring and composer (and other extensions) but still see the error.

Any ideas on other things to try and fix?
Yes, issue come back.

For now this be fixed editing this file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/catalog/vendor/composer/platform_check.php

change this:

if (!(PHP_VERSION_ID >= 70400)) {

for this

if (!(PHP_VERSION_ID >= 70300)) {

You will get access to panel again, but I dont know if this broken some extension.

For now this be fixed editing this file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/catalog/vendor/composer/platform_check.php

Same issue here. Luckily Ohya fix does work. We are running Ubuntu 16.04 and Plesk 18.0.34 Update #2, we can't update Plesk anymore and we can't install new PHP handlers. Either we upgrade everything or we are and we'll be stuck with an increasingly broken Plesk.

Hi all,

Same problem for me on 3 servers with module was called sectigo.
Do you have found a fix?

Erwan

Back