• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk is not accesible: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.0.2"

For now, i fixed with this solutrion:

if (!(PHP_VERSION_ID >= 80200)) {
$issues[] = 'Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.2.0". You are running ' . PHP_VERSION . '.';
}

change to

if (!(PHP_VERSION_ID >= 80000)) {
$issues[] = 'Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.2.0". You are running ' . PHP_VERSION . '.';
}

File:
/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/docker/vendor/composer/platform_check.php

but let's wait for the official fix

They messed up, I guess it happens. After you make the aforementioned change to the file, you should be able to access to Plesk again. Go ahead and check for extension updates in the UI. For me it was the Docker extension that caused this issue, not the LetsEncrypt extension that was mentioned in the KB article.

After the Docker extension update was applied, the platform_check.php was re-generated and now contains:

PHP:
if (!(PHP_VERSION_ID >= 70300)) {
    $issues[] = 'Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 7.3.0". You are running ' . PHP_VERSION . '.';
}

I see you are still using Plesk 18.0.52, but the current version is 18.0.56. Please make sure to use the latest Plesk version. Between 18.0.52 and 18.0.56 dozens of issues have been mitigated.

While that's true, I think the core issue is that an extension update was pushed that was incompatible with Ubuntu 18.04 / Plesk 18.0.52.3, effectively breaking Plesk UI access. The extension update should not have been released for this Plesk version (or should've been skipped / ignored) in the first place with version guards in place.

Although Ubuntu 18.04 has been EOL for a few months and an upgrade is recommended, some servers that could not be upgraded so far had Plesk killed by an extension.

Plesk offers extended support for Ubuntu 18.04, so you should be able to upgrade Plesk to the latest version:

Plesk Obsidian 18.0.56​

10 October 2023

Linux​

• Returned support for Ubuntu 18.04 until September 2024.

Until September 2024 (the Extended Support end date), Plesk continues to deliver new versions of Plesk Obsidian for Ubuntu 18.04. It includes delivering new features and security updates if they do not contradict the software delivered by the OS vendor.
    • Plesk continues to accept technical support requests from Plesk Obsidian on supported product versions on Ubuntu 18.04 without any restrictions.
    • Plesk reserves the right to warn Ubuntu 18.04 administrators about risks of an outdated OS using any channels including in-product notifications.

Plesk offers extended support for Ubuntu 18.04, so you should be able to upgrade Plesk to the latest version:

That's good news, thank you!

I suppose checking for updates does not work as intended on my server then. Plesk did not inform me on new available updates, despite auto-checking for updates until I manually pressed "Check for updates". Regardless, thanks again.

That's good news, thank you!

I suppose checking for updates does not work as intended on my server then. Plesk did not inform me on new available updates, despite auto-checking for updates until I manually pressed "Check for updates". Regardless, thanks again.

If the GUI doesn't show a new version, you can always check for a new version on the command line:
Code:
# plesk installer --all-versions

Back