• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved COMPOSER - LARAVEL

FAB

Basic Pleskian
At this point, I'm going to hang myself up, seriously lol

Here is my problem:
I've been trying for the last 3 days to install laravel on my server in order to be able to use it for a new website project.

So, first problem, I need Composer. Good news, Composer is already installed by Plesk. Right? No so fast.

Through SSH (logged root), when I run : composer require "laravel/installer" , I get : Your PHP version (5.4.16) does not satisfy that requirement

How to go around this problem?
Where is this version of PHP specified?

My conf:

Answering to myself:

You can actually change the version of PHP used in the current session by typing:

export PATH=/opt/plesk/php/7.1/bin:$PATH;

By doing so I managed to install Laravel using the default Composer.... FINALLY lol

Hello FAB,
I really don't know what I'm doing here (systemwise) LOL, but I hd the same problem like you the last 24 h.
Starting composer install from the shell brought me this error with the wrong php-version as well, but I didn't want to change the path settings.
A few minutes ago I found out how to come around this.
After installing a required PHP-Version for an application and activatiing this version on the "Websites & Domains" - page for this Website by selecting the correct version in PHP settings and , and , and .... draining the "internet" to my PC ... I finally clicked on the "Applications" Icon in the "Websites & Domains" Area for the site and found at first nothing of interest, an empty page ...
until tatatata.... I clicked on scan (for new aplications) et voila there where these json files listed that are available
Ok, what to do now ? so I clicked on one of the obvious names an got presented a new page with a very interesting button: "Install dependencies"

What should I say: That worked!!!
And all this without fiddling on the console.
Hope this helps you, at least a bit... :)

Back