• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Confused about DNS and use of nameservers in Plesk

XCore

New Pleskian
I'm coming off a system more along the lines of Plesk Automation and this is my first jump into a single server CP.
With a system such as PA I would add two nameservers to the system and use those for all the domains in my system after registering them as nameservers at the registrar.
With this single server Plesk CP I'm confused about the use of nameservers. Does every domain have its own nameserver that needs to be setup at the registrar? Ie. ns1.domain1.foo, ns2.domain1.foo, ns1.domain2.foo, ns2.domain2.foo, etc.???
I currently have two nameservers, each with its own IP in the DNS template but every domain gets its own ns1 &ns2 nameserver upon adding them from the CP.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

UPDATE: Special thanks goes to Chris1 for the help.

If you're in this situation what has worked for me is:
- Setup two nameservers with their own IPs and set them up at the registrar as ns1 and ns2 authoritative nameservers. (my ns1 IP is the same one being used for the Plesk install)
- In Plesk > Tools & Utilities > DNS Template I've replaced the NS1 & NS2 records with my nameservers, ie. ns1.nameserver.foo, ns2.nameserver.foo as well as replaced the NS1 & NS2 'A' records with their respective IPs. Then REMOVED the conflicting records 'NS1 and NS2<domain>' IP.
- Apply the DNS records to all domains.

Thanks agin, Chris!

- Setup two nameservers with their own IPs and set them up at the registrar as ns1 and ns2 authoritative nameservers. (my ns1 IP is the same one being used for the Plesk install)
- In Plesk > Tools & Utilities > DNS Template I've replaced the NS1 & NS2 records with my nameservers, ie. ns1.nameserver.foo, ns2.nameserver.foo as well as replaced the NS1 & NS2 'A' records with their respective IPs. Then REMOVED the conflicting records 'NS1 and NS2<domain>' IP.

Thanks agin, Chris!

Thanks.... this is what i was looking for, let me try it

Thanks agin, Chris!

Please check the screenshot am i doing the right then? i should remove the selected NS? then add them back as ns1, ns2 . mydomain.com?

Attachments

• Plesk 12.5.30.png
    Plesk 12.5.30.png
    110.9 KB · Views: 7
Back