• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Connect to Backblaze B2 (S3-compatible)

captainhook

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,
Backblaze have released an S3 compatible API. I have been using Scaleway but wish to migrate to Backblaze B2. Has anyone figured out how to get this working?

I get the error:
`Error: Unable to upload a file to the storage: Backblaze does not support the 'x-amz-request-payer' header. Make sure you have granted the permission for multipart upload of files.`

Unfortunately not. I gave up and used OneDrive instead. I'm sure Plesk Support could provide some guidance on getting Backblaze working but I haven't bothered to open a ticket with them.
I ended up using S3 for storage. Thank you for the update.

Is there any solution for this?
@IgorG do you know anything about this since in the latest obsidian release there were bugfixes related to backblaze s3 backups

Try to add in panel.ini option:

[ext-s3-backup]
SendRequestPayerOption = on

I hope it will help.

Try to add in panel.ini option:

[ext-s3-backup]
SendRequestPayerOption = on

I hope it will help.
Thanks, however the correct solution was SendRequestPayerOption = off, otherwise you will get the error Error: Unable to upload a file to the storage: Backblaze does not support the 'x-amz-request-payer' header. Make sure you have granted the permission for multipart upload of files. as already stated above.

The setting which are working for Backblaze B2 are:
  • Service provider: Custom
  • API endpoint: https://s3.<region>.backblazeb2.com
  • Username: <your key ID from backblaze>
  • Password: <your application ID from backblaze> (generate a new one which is only intended for the specific bucket, don't use the root key, it does not work)
  • Bucket: <your bucket name from backblaze>
  • Path: / (when you want to store the backups in the root directory of your bucket)
Hope this helps.

Hello
Thanks for all this info..
I´m trying to setup the backblaze B2 backup in the S3 extention of plesk.
And i get always the same error :

Unable to check bucket and directory existence. Make sure you are using correct IAM policy ().

I added in Panel.ini :

[ext-s3-backup]
SendRequestPayerOption = off
RegionForCustomEndpoint = us-west-000

I´m a little bit confused with the fields to fill.
  • API endpoint: https://s3.us-west-000.backblazeb2.com
  • Login (Key) * : WHAT I MUST TO PUT HERE ? THE BUCKET KEY ID? OR THE KEY ID OF THE APPLICATION?
  • Password (Secret) * : HERE I´M ENTERING THE APLICATION ID (after create it pointing only to the buckect)
  • Path: / (when you want to store the backups in the root directory of your bucket)
IN fact i tried with different combinations and nothing happens, always the same error.

Thanks for any help
Fabian

Last edited:
Hello
Thanks for all this info..
I´m trying to setup the backblaze B2 backup in the S3 extention of plesk.
And i get always the same error :

Unable to check bucket and directory existence. Make sure you are using correct IAM policy ().

I added in Panel.ini :

[ext-s3-backup]
SendRequestPayerOption = off
RegionForCustomEndpoint = us-west-000

I´m a little bit confused with the fields to fill.
  • API endpoint: https://s3.us-west-000.backblazeb2.com
  • Login (Key) * : WHAT I MUST TO PUT HERE ? THE BUCKET KEY ID? OR THE KEY ID OF THE APPLICATION?
  • Password (Secret) * : HERE I´M ENTERING THE APLICATION ID (after create it pointing only to the buckect)
IN fact i tried with different combinations and nothing happens, always the same error.

Thanks for any help
Fabian
The error means that your login credentials are wrong.

1. Go to your Backblaze B2 panel and go to App Keys.
  2. Click Add a New Application Key
  3. Give the Key a name
  4. Select the bucket you want to store your backups in
  5. Type of Access has to be Read and Write
  6. Make sure List All Bucket Names Permission is selected
  7. In Plesk S3, the Key ID is the Username and the Application Key is the Password
Hope it helps.

The error means that your login credentials are wrong.

1. Go to your Backblaze B2 panel and go to App Keys.
  2. Click Add a New Application Key
  3. Give the Key a name
  4. Select the bucket you want to store your backups in
  5. Type of Access has to be Read and Write
  6. Make sure List All Bucket Names Permission is selected
  7. In Plesk S3, the Key ID is the Username and the Application Key is the Password
Hope it helps.
Thanks!!!

it works perfect now. I´ve added it in 2 servers and both working ok. All was my mistake.. (a very stupid mistake)
The Api endpoint URL : https://s3.us-west-000.backblazeb2.com (had a last space at the end that i never saw).
That simple mistake, and never connect, i deleted the space, and voila! all working perfect now ;)

Thanks for your answer.
Fabian

Hello!

I am now a Licenced Backup to Cloud Pro user, and I am using that extension to upload my Plesk Backups to the BlackBlaze service.

I am just having one problem that I think that the Plesk Team could help me with.

It seems that all the deleted backup files are archived in the BlackBlaze services instead of being deleted, as the image below shows.

1624560125898.png

Is there any way to configure Plesk to delete the files in the BlackBlaze services instead of archive them?

Thank you!

Hello!

I am now a Licenced Backup to Cloud Pro user, and I am using that extension to upload my Plesk Backups to the BlackBlaze service.

I am just having one problem that I think that the Plesk Team could help me with.

It seems that all the deleted backup files are archived in the BlackBlaze services instead of being deleted, as the image below shows.

View attachment 18952

Is there any way to configure Plesk to delete the files in the BlackBlaze services instead of archive them?

Thank you!
It is happening to me in my plesk servers too.
I deleted all those files manually, but would be great if B2 delete those files itself..

Thanks
Fabian

Hey guys,

is there any update on deleting old backups in Backblaze B2 instead of archiving them? Or do you have an idea @IgorG?

Hey there - I was having this issue myself. This is not a Plesk issue... BackBlaze offers lifecycle versioning built into it's buckets. Edit each bucket under Lifecycle Settings, and choose "Keep only the last version of the file" to have the old files deleted right away. BackBlaze does not expose this option via it's S3 API, only in the web interface, and via it's native API, so this is not something Plesk can address itself.

This should remove the older large files, but I'm not sure it will address the 0 byte hidden file that Plesk uses as a method of erasing the previous file. Perhaps this is where the S3 Delete Object API could be used instead of the 0 byte file they are using?

Back