• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Connection to host is not available or migration agent is not running on the source h

Yeah I just saw it. I got the last ticket response right now because of a problem on mail server so I wrote the last reply to thread.

So, I am so happy that the issue is resolved and I can start migration anytime. Probably I will get many errors, things to fix but at least I will be able to start. That's progress.

On the other hand, apparently explanations in the document "http://kb.parallels.com/en/1432" are not sufficient. I would like to know when we should choose TCP or HTTP as a channel type. Why HTTP is not default if mostly used channel type is HTTP?

If these questions had clear answers, neither clients like me nor support people like you wouldn't not waste time actually.

Anyway, Igor, thanks for you and the other support guys' great effort on the problem. I guess this thread will be very helpful.

I think the forum may have eaten my post - but anyway:

Is there any information about what specifically was altered to make this work for you? We have the same issue, but our servers are Server 2012, but seems like everything else is exactly the same. Installed the latest version of the migration clients, can directly access the admin shares, all of the other services (noted that they are installed by default but double checked just the same) are available.

Any other additional advice?

I agree there are issues with the Migration Manager. I am facing exactly the same problem.
Taking clues from this thread, I have tried switching to HTTP instead of TCP, both from the UI as well as by editing migrmng.exe.config of the source server.
But it still gives giving the same error.

And yes, the shares of source server are perfectly accessible from the destination.

Swsoft needs to be more communicative of this issue and post the right solution.

Sorry for late reply;

Knowledge is to be shared...

1. Modify migrmng.exe.config file on the destination server (X:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\PMM\Migration) and make sure you have changed the line to this '<add key="ChannelType" value="HTTP" />'

2. Modify WinAgentMng.exe.config file on the source server (X:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\PleskMigrationAgent) and make sure you have changed the line to this '<add key="ChannelType" value="HTTP" />'

3. Turn off firewalls on boths side (maynot be necessary but to be sure)

4. Telnet to ports 135 and 139 on the ip address of the source server and see it opens a black window, if not, read the explanation in the bottom of this message.

5. You can't telnet to other two ports, dont waste time

6. Check if you can access to admin shares, you should be able to access of course

So you have all the conditions, right?

It might work!!!

But

It might not work either :)

Because, there is something which is not documented.

Sometimes, if you have more than one IP address, server may not listen necessary ports on all ip addresses.

You must be sure that all the necessary ports should be listened on the same ip you are migrating from.

Then you must check and be sure;

netstat -an

Check if all the necessary ports are listened on the same address at least.

First resolve this, I don't know how. (I just removed the other ips so the issue was temporarily resolved)

Once you check all these and make sure everything is alright, the migration will work.

By the way,

Migration 9.5 to 11.5 worked seamlessly, nearly no errors at all.

But you will not like the new business model of Plesk 11.

In the previous versions, we were assigning hosting plans to customers.

Now you will be forced to assign hosting plans -subscriptions- to domains.

During migration, all the domains will be migrated with a custom plan derivated from the original plan. So customers can't share a plan dynamically between their own domains. They have to divide manually and assign to domains. Really pity...

I hope this helps for your hard migration work.

Oof, okay. So after more and more testing, I'm still seeing the same error on the application side.

Both Channel Types have been switched over to HTTP. The ports are opening and listening on my source server - netstat confirms that this is the case. I can telnet and connect to the ports.

In the log files, it's still not co
[2013-07-26 14:27:29.989|2760] Info: CrossSysAgent::connectToWindowsHost Try connect to (172.17.10.21) as Windows host via Remoting
[2013-07-26 14:27:30.784|2760] Error: CrossSysAgent::connectToWindowsHost Unable to connect to (172.17.10.21) as Windows host via Remoting ( ForeignMigratorCore.WinAgentIsNotRunningException ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: s Server stack trace: at System.Convert.FromBase64String(String s) at ForeignMigratorCoreCommon.RemotingTransport.SecureClientChannelSink.ProcessSharedKeyResponse(ITransportHeaders responseHeaders) at ForeignMigratorCoreCommon.RemotingTransport.SecureClientChannelSink.ObtainSharedKey(IMessage msg) at ForeignMigratorCoreCommon.RemotingTransport.SecureClientChannelSink.EnsureIdAndProvider(IMessage msg) at ForeignMigratorCoreCommon.RemotingTransport.SecureClientChannelSink.ProcessEncryptedMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream) at ForeignMigratorCoreCommon.RemotingTransport.SecureClientChannelSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage message, ITransp

[2013-07-26 14:27:30.784|2760] Debug: CrossSysAgent::deployScoutToWindowsHost Unable to deploy scout to remote Windows host (172.17.10.21). MigratorException (ForeignMigratorCore.WinAgentIsNotRunningException ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Anything else you can think of to try? I tried doing a backup and restore from 9.5 to 11, but even when I clicked "content" it never brought over my address information.

Then I would say open a ticket at the support desk. First thing they tried on my server after my ticket was to reinstall the transfer agent. I was told that during installation something went wrong. I know it sounds weird but they tried one or two days to install it "correctly". Usually you just click on installer and click on forward button and it is done. And we think it is succesful since we get no error notification at all. But apparently something is not like that in background so they investigated and fixed it. That's why I say "there are things with this migration which are not well documented" so we people are trying hard to make a simple migration.

I am sorry not being help anymore since I have nothing more to say my friend. Open a ticket, they answer quite quick, update you every 5-6 hours and in some days they will probably solve your problem.

Take it easy.

Hello guys,

I have issue. I checked all things, but no luck :(

I can connect to source host using Share & File on Windows :
\\IP\c$ -> its okay
Firewall is off on both servers
Migration Agent is installed
Ping is okay

Error_LOG ->
[2014-01-03 03:59:05.259|3456] ERROR: Launchpad could not send scout: Subprocess <subprocess[5108] 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Parallels\\Plesk\\PMM\\Migration\\migrmng --deploy-scout --host=SERVER --login=Administrator --password=XXXXXXXXXX --session-path=C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Parallels\\Plesk\\PMM\\msessions\\201401030 3590485 --dumps-dir=C:\\temp\\2014010303590485 --system-type=windows'> was finished with exit code 12
== STDOUT ====================
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<execution-result status="error">
<message severity="error">
<description />
<message severity="error">
<description>Expected shared key from server.</description>
</message>
</message>
</execution-result>
== STDERR ====================

[2014-01-03 03:59:05.259|3456] DEBUG: <migration_handler.MigrationGetScoutInfoAction object at 0x022A6ED0>: response
[2014-01-03 03:59:05.259|3456] INFO: Outgoing packet:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
<errcode>3012</errcode>
<errmsg>Connection to host is not available or migration agent is not running on the source host</errmsg>
</response>

What more could I do?

Thanks you
Best Regards

Back