• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Connection to host is not available or migration agent is not running on the source h

arund

New Pleskian
Migrating Plesk 9.5.4 Windows to Plesk 10.3.1 windows fails

Hi Guyz,

I am trying to migrate my accounts through Plesk Migration Manager. But i could not connect to the Source server. I am getting following error:-

"Connection to host is not available or migration agent is not running on the source host"

Source server : Plesk 9.5.4 (windows )
Version of Plesk migration agent on source server: 10.1.3954.33481 (build 101029.19)
Destination server: Plesk 10.3.1(windows)

Should i install Plesk migration agent on destination server also?

Plesk migration agent is running on Source server, i verified this using `telnet`. I can successfully telnet to source server from destination server through port `6489`.

The have tried both channel types, TCP and HTTP but did not help. I also specified the IP of source server in `Winagentmng.exe.config`, same results, failed :(

Kindly help to trace the issue and resolve it

Thanks IgorG for the help.

I have verified every steps in kb you provided. I had to disable " Password prototected sharing" from Network and Sharing centre. And finally i got connected to the source server.

I specified the account to be migrated and continued. Finayy it said the migration process has been started. But when click refresh(As instructed by the plesk to know the updated status of the migration), it shows a "Failed cross ". Kindly help me to solve the issue.

Thanks IgorG,

I am checking the log files to find the any possible clue. But it is very troublesome to check logs in Windows(I love Linux).
I will check and let you know the results,

Reagards

Hello

I want to migrate sites from plesk 9.5.5 to plesk 10.3
i started Plesk agent on source server
Turned off firewall

Still I am getting error that plesk migration is not running on source server
I added all the ports required for plesk migration.

please assistant

yatin

Hello,

I have the same problem. I am getting "Error: Connection to host is not available or migration agent is not running on the source host" continuously.

Since more than a week I am trying to make this migration process work. Still no luck. I am nearly convinced that this is kind of a joke. It looks like that this migration tool is designed not to work.

I want to make a migration from 9.5.5 to 11.5. Here is what I did so far;

1. Both servers are up and running. Firewalls are off so no port issue.
2. "Client for Microsoft Networks" and "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" are installed on both servers and I can access to admin shares via "\\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\c$"
3. I tried both 9.5.5 and 11.5 migration agents, no luck
4. I tried both TCP and HTTP channels, no luck

Just to be sure it is not an issue with the migration 9.5.5 to 11.5 or any problem with the old server with plesk 9.5.5, I installed two new servers on my LAN and started migration between these new servers while firewall is off, "Client for Microsoft Networks" and "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" exists, no luck.

I tried to migrate between two servers with Plesk 11.x, again no luck.

Telnet to ports 6489, 135, 139 and 445 works, but not to ports 137,138. I think this is normal, isn't it?

I think I tried everything to make this thing work but no luck no luck...

Can you tell me guys what point am I missing that I can't get connected to source servers 9.5.5 and 11.5?

And I don't understand why this thing is so problematic? I was nearly sure that it wouldn't work before I start to make migration. :(

I am ready to share my servers' information if you parallels professionals intend to help directly.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

And here is the "migration_handler" file content;

"Requested service not found"?? Which service is needed except the migration agent?
Again, firewalls are off, "Client for Microsoft Networks" and "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" installed, migration agent is up-to-date and running...

And... Still no luck!!

3436: 2013-07-08 21:30:02,667 DEBUG --> <migration_handler.MigrationGetScoutInfoAction object at 0x02411230>
3436: 2013-07-08 21:30:02,667 INFO stdin: <migration-task-description owner-guid="3CD496B3-E8F8-4FB3-8BE8-E522BCD7424C"><agent-credentials><host-credentials remoting-type="dotnet-remoting"><login>Administrator</login><password>xxxxxxx</password><hostname>94.120.139.157</hostname></host-credentials></agent-credentials><dst-host-parameters><dst-temporary-directory>C:\temp</dst-temporary-directory></dst-host-parameters></migration-task-description>
3436: 2013-07-08 21:30:02,670 INFO Packet succesfully validated.
3436: 2013-07-08 21:30:02,671 DEBUG <migration_handler.MigrationHandlerActionRunner object at 0x02406810>: doActivity
3436: 2013-07-08 21:30:02,671 INFO Create migration session started
3436: 2013-07-08 21:30:02,676 INFO Create migration session 20130708213002674 finished
3436: 2013-07-08 21:30:02,681 DEBUG add '3728' to session worker processes
3436: 2013-07-08 21:30:02,684 INFO Executing <subprocess[3728] 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Parallels\\Plesk\\PMM\\Migration\\migrmng --deploy-scout --host=94.120.139.157 --login=Administrator --password=xxxxxxx --session-path=C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Parallels\\Plesk\\PMM\\msessions\\20130708213002674 --dumps-dir=C:\\temp\\20130708213002674 --system-type=windows'>
3436: 2013-07-08 21:30:03,430 INFO Subprocess raised ExecuteException: Subprocess <subprocess[3728] 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Parallels\\Plesk\\PMM\\Migration\\migrmng --deploy-scout --host=94.120.139.157 --login=Administrator --password=xxxxxxxxx --session-path=C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Parallels\\Plesk\\PMM\\msessions\\20130708213002674 --dumps-dir=C:\\temp\\20130708213002674 --system-type=windows'> was finished with exit code 12
== STDOUT ====================
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<execution-result status="error">
<message severity="error">
<description />
<description>Requested Service not found</description>
</message>
</message>
</execution-result>
== STDERR ====================

3436: 2013-07-08 21:30:03,430 ERROR Launchpad could not send scout: Subprocess <subprocess[3728] 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Parallels\\Plesk\\PMM\\Migration\\migrmng --deploy-scout --host=94.120.139.157 --login=Administrator --password=xxxxxxxx --session-path=C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Parallels\\Plesk\\PMM\\msessions\\20130708213002674 --dumps-dir=C:\\temp\\20130708213002674 --system-type=windows'> was finished with exit code 12
== STDOUT ====================
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<execution-result status="error">
<description />
<description>Requested Service not found</description>
</message>
</message>
</execution-result>
== STDERR ====================

3436: 2013-07-08 21:30:03,430 DEBUG <migration_handler.MigrationGetScoutInfoAction object at 0x02411230>: response
3436: 2013-07-08 21:30:03,430 INFO Outgoing packet:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
<errcode>3012</errcode>
<errmsg>Connection to host is not available or migration agent is not running on the source host</errmsg>
</response>

Yes Igor, I have checked all these conditions. Actually I have read a lot of articles, threads, almost anything related to this issue bot no luck.

Remember, there cannot be any modem port issue because my test servers are on LAN and firewalls are off as I stated above.

I believe there is a little trick which is not documented yet which stops the connection to the migration agent.

By the way, both servers needs the migration agent running or not? I read something like this in one of your posts. Anayway, I tried that way as well but no help.

I need this thing to work urgently because I need to move my server to another service provider.

Take care

Igor, no any help?

Today I tried Plesk Migration 11.5 to 11.5 as well on the same LAN, all ports are open, no firewall, "Client for Microsoft Networks" and "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" are installed, accessible admin shares...

And still no connection, same error.

Igor, are you sure this migration tool is really working? I am asking that because if there was a way I would find it already. I tried everything I can imagine and no luck. NOT WORKING! I can give you access to both my test servers with Plesk 11.5 installed and you can try yourself. If the migration 11.5 to 11.5 works, others will work I am sure.

I am expecting any help. Is there anyone who is/was succesful to make this thing work out? Hopefully there is. Any help, any clue is appreciated.

Or please tell me it is nonsense to try to make a migration and I will stop wasting my time.

That's a shame of Parallels to distribute such a defective software and make the people waste their valuable times. I spent many days and this tool made me feel like depressed.

We sell hundreds of thousands of Plesk licenses, and do you really think that if migration is not working, then we would be inundated with complaints. I'm sure that there is problem in your network infrastructure or something else on your side. Please contact Support Team and they will check it. If it is really our bug - you will be refunded for incident.

Igor, if everything you stated on the document "http://kb.parallels.com/1432" is up and running and still migration doesn't work, what may I think? Either it is not working or something is not documented. What I want is not a refund, just to make a succesful migration, that's it. I don't understand why it should be such a difficult process.

Easy to try;

1. Install two new servers (windows 2008 Standard R2) on the same LAN
2. Install plesk 11.5.x on each
3. Install plesk migration agent 11.5.x on each and run
4. Take firewalls off on both servers so no ports issue
5. Check "Client for Microsoft Networks" and "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" are installed - by default anyway
6. Check if you can access to admin shares via \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\c$

Then try to start a migration in any direction on identical servers. You will immediately find out that the connection will fail.

What am I missing in the checklist above? Try yourself, not so difficult to do it.

Sorry if I was a bit nervous in the previous post because I am really upset, tired and hopeless about this migration thing.

Yes, absolutely.

I have created a support ticket as well. I'd be appreciated if we also keep trying to resolve it here.

Last edited:
Just to inform;

Parallels replied to my ticket very fast. They logged into my servers, tried migration and failed as I expected. They will inspect the situation. I will post the progress here because I am pretty sure I am not the only one who is facing this problem.

So far I got 12 messages about my ticket and still no solution. Every message needs 5-6 hours more.

If someone would install two Windows 2008 Servers Standard Edition R2 with Plesk 9.5 and Plesk 11.5 installed and try to migrate between these two servers, then it would be easily seen that the migration process wouldn't work.

That is exactly what I did. Migration tool doesn't work even on clean, new installed servers.

Instead they investigate the problem on my servers which is fine for me. But I am nearly sure that this is nothing to do with my servers or any servers. Otherwise what might stop the migration tool to work on a clean server while all the conditions of http://kb.parallels.com/en/1432 are provided ?

I guess soon they will discover that too.

I am really curious about the result of this ticket.

Back