• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Consistency of component update

Zoo3

Regular Pleskian
When I checked Plesk's system update, I got an error.
TOOL>Server managemnet>System Update

Warning: The information of some packages may not be suitable for reality. An inconsistency was detected in the system package manager database. Please resolve this problem manually.
Currently, even if yum command is directly executed by SSH, there is no update target.
Is it necessary to truly verify the version one by one to solve this? Or is there a tool that can automatically check between actual and database?

Thanks for the help.

---
Plesk 17.8.11 / CentOS 7.5

Try to fix it with:

# yum install yum-utils

Delete duplicate packages with the following command:

# package-cleanup --cleandupes

Run update manually to update packages to the latest versions:

# plesk sbin pum --update

Try to fix it with:

# yum install yum-utils

Delete duplicate packages with the following command:

# package-cleanup --cleandupes

Run update manually to update packages to the latest versions:

# plesk sbin pum --update

Thank you for your reply.
Apparently it seems there was a problem with the package named mroonga. There was an update of this software the other day. It seems that the server could not delete the old package from that time. And I had a problem. I can not delete it with yum, package-cleanup or rpm -e command.
Mroonga is a tool to search Japanese quickly with MySQL.

When I try to delete this remaining old package, I get an error saying "mysqld.service is not loaded".
Is mysqld.service used if mariadb?
Is this a problem unique to mroonga? Or is it a general problem?

Sorry, I know nothing about mroonga. As possible solution you can try to remove it only from rpm database with --justdb option like

# rpm -e --justdb mroonga

Sorry, I know nothing about mroonga. As possible solution you can try to remove it only from rpm database with --justdb option like

# rpm -e --justdb mroonga

Thanks for your best answer.
I did it. Package database inconsistency warning in Plesk disappeared.

Thank you for your advice.

Back