• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

control panel access for email users in Plesk 10?

fran@

Basic Pleskian
Just testing Plesk 10.01, on a new install on Centos5.5 on a KVM VPS.
Intallation went well, just had to fix minor dependencies (removing bind-libs).
Plesk 10 is functional and working well.

I created a customer associated to a domain, and created q email address under the domain BUT it does not seem to give the email user Control Panel access to manage its own settings.
I don't see a checkbox in the email user settings to add control panel access.

On Plesk until 9.5 they used to be able to login at the control panel URL with their email address and email passwords to manage their own email services.
What happened to this feature?

I tried to create a control panel user and associate it with a new address, however such a user CAN login to the control panel, but can also view all the other domain users. This is not what I want.

I tried to create a user-role just to give access to the email address, but the GUI needs 1 NEW domain for each user?

Please help me figure this out.
We have a few domains with 150+ email addresses that need this to work before we can upgrade their server (currently 9.5).

/Fran

It's weird, tough, because the email user seem to have control panel access set:
Mail:
mail_name | perm_id
mail1cp | 10

Permissions;

| id | permission | value |
| 10 | cp_access | true |

but I can't login to the control panel with this user's email address and password...
/Fran

The other user I can use to login has a Role where all privileges are denied,

nonetheless part of this user SMB CP ome ans tabs show:

Create and manage user accounts and user roles. Assign installed applications to user roles.
als lists the User Accounts.

Is there a way to remove the Users part for Roles which do not have the "Create and manage user accounts and user roles." set to allow?
This looks like a bug.

I have the same problem. Mail Users can't create or change other users, but the Users tab is present and they can view other peoples User Account contact details such as addresses etc.

Sounds like a bug to me too.

Furthermore, if a customer has multiple Subscriptions, and you grant Mail Users the option to "configure spam filter" then the "Accounts" tab also appears. That seems to be a bug as well.

-Denis

control panel access for email users: Problem fixed

Just heard back from Parallels:

We’ve provided a solution in new Plesk 10.2 version:

[-] Issue resolved: Mail user could see a list of subscriptions and profiles of other users even if no permissions were granted to the user. Read how to restrict mail user permissions at http://kb.odin.com/en/111131.

See, they listen sometime...

Back