• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Control Panel Login problems - dual DSL line on same router

N

non-guru

Our office recently got a 2nd DSL line and we're using a RV042 Linksys router to connect to the web. I'm using the load balancing function on the router, using two different ISP's.

We're experiencing login problems now to the plesk control panel, when at the plesk login page, sometimes we can't log in, then other times we'll get logged in and immediately after clicking on a link we're logged out and must start over.

I'm thinking it's an IP change issue as - possibly we're getting logged in with one ISP and due to the load balance kicking in.... the next click may be from the other ISP (thus a different IP).

Thoughts anyone?
:confused:

I would imagine that the LinkSys default Intelligent mode's use of their round-robin feature may be causing the IP of your connection session to change which would cause what you describe.

I thought I recall seeing something about being able to setup a semi-static connection based on Port (although it's been awhile so my memory may not be totally correct)

Thank jamesyeeoc for ur reply, ok, I guess that confirms my thought that it is happening. Will look into the solution you suggested a bit more.

RV042

I am using the RV042 for dual connections. I'm using one-to-one nat to connect to my Plesk box. Everything works for me. I might be able to help you with your config..

Yes, that would be great - I don't know how to set that up.

Let me know best way to contact you.

Back