• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Control the number of Incremental backup

dzistemas

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.50
As there is the maximum number of complete backups parameter.
Is there a way to control the number of incremental backups?
I have tried putting it for weeks and months, but it does not always create the same number of backups.
I think the normal behavior is:
By weeks: 7 incremental
For months: 30 incremental backups.

But I check that it doesn't work this way

Increments are created until the next full backup is created. If the connection to the storage space where the backups reside fails for some reason, it is possible that the backup script cannot read which increments exist. In that case it will assume that it is best to create a new full backup.

No. How should such a control work? Full backups happen daily, weekly, monthly, annually, and in between you have increments. What you can do is setting your own backup schedule by not using the GUI ready-to-go backup schedules, but instead configuring a cron job with the console backup command and options. There you could control every tiny little bit, e.g. what day to run the job, what day not, what hour, minute etc., when to do an increment or when not ... a lot more work though than just having the regular backup.

Hello , I have established monthly backups , with 4 complete backups, with which I should have 4 complete backups and the rest of the month incrementals, if it is a month of 30 days, it would be 26 incremental. But each plesk I have a different number of incremental backups and all are greater than 60 incremental backups.

Back