• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Conversion of Centos 8 server with Plesk to Almalinux ?

Hmm, it seem is working , the in-place conversion from Centos 8 with Plesk to Almalinux 8.4 with Plesk

No major issues (yet)

Which tutorial did you use? I want to wait a little longer, but I would be interested to know who in Plesk has successfully switched to AlmaLinux and with what steps. ;)

Hi,
there is no difference in operation between centos 8 + Plesk and Almalinux + Plesk

as described here:

ultimately only:

for me that was not the case as i had already excluded the awstats from epel but it is worth a look:

I was VERY anxious. I tried to update one of our servers. Of course backup, snapshot etc. before updating.

In my case after I updated CentOS to latest release (8.5) and after I ensured my Plesk is up to date - I followed this tutorial:

It updated itself to AlmaLinux - process was around 9 minutes. Everything seems to be working perfectly. No issues whatsoever. It simply works. Server seems smooth, Plesk working nice. Actually I think I am going crazy but Plesk seems snappier and more responsive.

:cool:

No issues so far with Plesk on Almalinux, no worries, it's rebranded fork of RHEL/CentOS with open source privileges. :cool:

No issues so far with Plesk on Almalinux, no worries, it's rebranded fork of RHEL/CentOS with open source privileges. :cool:
After CentOS burnout I was very skeptical about the whole thing, but it really seems to be working with no issues whatsoever.

Since it's running only a day It is probably too early to say it's safe completely, but posts like yours and from the people above are really encouraging.

Happy new year everyone!

Migrated a dozen Centos 8 Plesk Servers this week to AlmaLinux ... so far no problems with the Migration ... all running as expected! :)

On 2 or 3 of our Plesk Server's the Migration Script failed as it failed to move one of the old dnf repos:
Error:
Code:
Install almalinux-logos-httpd packages                                ERROR
    CentOS-8 - PowerTools                            15 kB/s | 8.1 kB     00:00
    Errors during downloading metadata for repository 'PowerTools':
- Status code: 404 for https://vault.centos.org/almalinux/8/PowerTools/x86_64/os/repodata/repomd.xml (IP: 18.66.15.5)
Error: Failed to download metadata for repo 'PowerTools': Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors were tried
Solution:
Code:
rm /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-PowerTools.repo

Back