• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

convert from 7.5 to 8 error

Luisgon

New Pleskian
Hi,

I'm starting to convert my Plesk 7.5 data to 9.2.3, first I made a psa backup on 7.5 server, then transfered to que new one and now i'm trying to convert my Plesk 7.5 backup to v8 but I get an error...

I'm using this command: /usr/local/psa/bin/backup-convert convert /backup_psa_v8 / backup_psa

It starts like this:

[root@srv /]# /usr/local/psa/bin/backup-convert convert /backup_psa_v8 /backup_psa
Content-Type: multipart/related;
boundary="127.0.0.1.0.3011.1259840580.509.1"
Mime-Version: 1.0

After a couple of minutes:

Runtime error: Premature EOF without final boundary
[root@srv /]#

I didn't find anything about this error, can anyone help me?

Regards,
Luis

It would be very useful if you show more errors before 'Runtime error: Premature EOF without final boundary' from logs. But seems that problem in that backup was not correctly created. As I remember there was problems with backup creation on Plesk 7.x due to size of /tmp is not enough and not all data was backuped. It was fixed with mounting /tmp to other location with huge size. But it is only my assumptions. The reasons can be others.

Yes, mabye that was the problem... i'm performing another backup now to check if give some error when stop.

If I split the backup, for example in 5Gb files, the /tmp size will not be a problem right? instead of mounting other /tmp with huge size...

No, splitting will not help. There is should be enough /tmp diskspace independently of backup method.

Back