• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Copy to Server repository (from FTP) from the command line

Superkikim

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

In Plesk CP, when one is in the FTP Repository, the choice is give to "Copy to Server Repository". Is there any mean to do that from command line, and how to troubleshoot it ?

In one case, it gives me a Permission Denied Error, and on a different FTP server, it gives me a FTP Network error... I have no idea where to look ! Tried syslog, but doesn't show anything :-(

There is no option in Plesk CLI that allows to copy backup to local repository from personal FTP repository.
If you need to copy the backup from the command line you need to do that manually.

Backup file that is placed to personal FTP repository is tar archive.
Download if from personal FTP repository with any FTP client and put it to server backup repository:

~# tar -xvf backup_DOMAIN.TLD_0904170816.tar -C /var/lib/psa/dumps

The backup is available in server backup repository at Home -> Backup Manager.

To make the backup available in Local Repository you need to put it proper directory under /var/lib/psa/dumps.
The directory shown be /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/<CLIENT.LOGIN>/domains/<DOMAIN.TLD>.

For details about structure of backup repository refer to this KB article: http://kb.odin.com/en/5969

Thank you for your reply. It is good to see that Parallels personnel come sometimes across to read and answer questions... Please do so more often ;-)

Back