• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Corrupt installation?

50racer

I have been running plesk for 1 1/2 years. I have been running 7.5 for about 2 months. I just found out something very odd on my install of plesk. I just went to go login to do some maintenance and regardless if i go through the web or hit the desktop icon on the server that goes to https://localhost:8443 it gives me the certificate warning (the plesk cert that comes with it) Then this is what it displays:

6?´[:?%5g?d??̥??̇?|~,7M??ԧ͵tѬ?x/θ B?-Rѿ υ????????!(# e???o?͐6?k??驢O???r9?$?t[:?%5g?d??̥??̇?|~,7M???\͒ΒZ4?22?r?^ˬ!φ?i?6❕?? ??%??Fz?

I checked under the C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs folder and if i look at all the php files (ie login.php3, etc) they are all full of the same junk. Everything on all my plesk sites works fine. I can ftp to them, get mail etc. I just can't manage any of them because of this. Does anyone know how these got corrupted and if not what causes this. The last time i was in admin was about 2 weeks ago and it was fine. Thank you in advance.

Such junk in Plesk CP usually appears if you have key corrupted. Or key for another version. I think that you can try to reinstall key and your problems will just disappear. ;)

No that wasn't the problem. Can someone please look in their C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs folder and look at the login.php3 file in notepad or something and tell me if it is encrypted or plain text. This is the first few lines of my file (along with all my php files in that folder)

6t[:j%5glde?G|~,7M0gUBQ7HWRK| L-^=LuwT9H9#kUqVE&W82^__]:Y" -"/-
,:|jh%Z[$JhaRV;rV 0i;jLk*<<-?^8qQJ9ta

So I guess the files are that way. I need to figure out what is going on because i cannot maintain any of my sites.
Anyone here have any ideas??

I am having the same problem now after having to install a temp key because plesk screwed up my lease renewal.

RJB

Considering reinstall within hours.

This product is rediculously problematic.

Same problem -- even after re-installation

We have the same problem on a brand new install.

We installed -- and then got the gobbly-gook after running the licence key....

Thought we had corrupted it by using the wrong key.

We got the key from the key updater link on the downloads page.

Uninstalled everything... re-installed clean and new.

Ran the key... and still gobbly-gook.

There was wierd error on running the key -- something about Apache not being set up -- which I thought was odd because the key was supposed to be for Plesk 7.5 Windows (e.g. ok with MS 2003 and IIS 6).

We're sending a support request. If we get a useful response I will post it here.

Good luck folks!

Back