• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Could not instantiate mail function

HeRiNo

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I have a new dedicated server with Plesk Odin 12.0.18 When I try send mail on troug the server there is no mail sent. And now on 1 of my websites I tryed to sent a contactform and that was also not send. It gave me this error.

Code:
IMAP/Could not instantiate mail function

on my server is installed POP3 server Courier-IMAP
and mailserver Qmail

All settings are default. I dont know to much about it but I hope some one here knows what the problem could be.
Please asnwer in understandable words to me, because I am Dutch and technical english is hard too understand (for me)

Best Regards, Herman.

First of all try to find any related error messages in /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog file. Also make sure that IMAP and POP3 ports are opened with:

# lsof -i tcp:143
# lsof -i tcp:110

Try to rebuild default Plesk mailsettings with

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam

Hello Igor,

thank you verry much for your reply.
I made a file from the log. I dont know whats good or wrong. It are 3 parts, 1 part from the beginning, 1 part after I just tryed to sent mail and 1 part after the rebuild.
I also made a file of the rebuild. The part aboyt port 143 and 110 tcp I don't understand. I added them in firewall in plesk controlepanel but not sure if that had to be done in putty. If so, can you please let me know how to do that?

Regards, Herman.

Attachments

• Maillog file.txt
    10.9 KB · Views: 3
  • rebuild mailsettings.txt
    813 bytes · Views: 1
Hello,

I just fin out and forgot to tell you. Receiving email is okay, its only not possible to sent email.

Regards, Herman.

Hi HeRiNo,

please have a closer look at your log - file:

Code:
Aug 26 03:39:54 h2472748 journal: check-quota filter[1666]: Some args not defined. Use /usr/local/psa/handlers/hooks/check-quota <CONTEXT> <FROM> <RECIPIENTS_LIST>
Aug 26 03:39:54 h2472748 journal: plesk sendmail[1665]: handlers_stderr: Some args not defined. Use /usr/local/psa/handlers/hooks/check-quota <CONTEXT> <FROM> <RECIPIENTS_LIST>
Aug 26 03:39:54 h2472748 journal: plesk sendmail[1665]: Error during 'check-quota' handler
Aug 26 03:39:54 h2472748 journal: plesk sendmail[1667]: sendmail unsuccessfully finished with exitcode 111

This indicates, that you should run

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam

... so that Plesk may find problems and issues with your configuration and will repair it for you. Please have as well a look at:

... which already points to several solutions and ways how you may find work-arounds for common issues. In addition, you will find usefull links, so that investigations are easier for you.

Hello,

i did everything possible but stil the same problem. I will try Plesk support but I need to wait for my hoster to get the correct licensekey for support. In the mean time, maybe some one an idea what might be wrong?

Regards, Herman.

Back