• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Could not issue a Let's Encrypt SSL/TLS certificate for testing.mydomain.uk

brainforge

Basic Pleskian
I am getting the following error message.

Error: Could not issue a Let's Encrypt SSL/TLS certificate for testing.mydomain.uk
Details
Install certificate failure: Unable to set certificate name :

mydomain.uk is configured as a subscription with single domain.

testing.mydomain.uk is configured as another subscription with single domain. Note it is not a subdomain under the mydomain.uk subscription. Done this way so that sites owned by different UNIX users (for ssh and ftp).

Done this elsewhere and working fine, cannot see what is different.
Debug output available anywhere?

What is the output of commands

# dig +short mydomain.uk
# dig +short testing.mydomain.uk

There are may be problems in DNS settings and correct resolving.

I am getting the following error message.

Error: Could not issue a Let's Encrypt SSL/TLS certificate for testing.mydomain.uk
Details
Install certificate failure: Unable to set certificate name :

mydomain.uk is configured as a subscription with single domain.

testing.mydomain.uk is configured as another subscription with single domain. Note it is not a subdomain under the mydomain.uk subscription. Done this way so that sites owned by different UNIX users (for ssh and ftp).

Done this elsewhere and working fine, cannot see what is different.
Debug output available anywhere?

@brainforge

The reported (minor) issue is something related to both the Let's Encrypt Extension and Let's Encrypt API and/or protocols, as far as I can see now (due to lack of input).

I suspect that Let's Encrypt extension is trying to set a wildcard domain for mydomain.uk and/or fails to install the certificate (as the mydomain.uk is already present).

I would suggest to

a) submit a bug report, so Plesk Team can investigate, (and)

b) use the letsencrypt certificate of mydomain.uk on testing.mydomain.uk - this way, you are (manually) doing what the Let's Encrypt Extension and Let's Encrypt try to do,

and that should be sufficient for the time being, until the next update of Let's Encrypt Extension will follow.

Regards...........

Back