• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

courier-imap: Empty body on thunderbird

akxak

Basic Pleskian
Hi!

I am running a root-server with Plesk 7.5.4 on Suse 9.3.

I am using the default installation with clamav added to the qmail queue.

For _some_ accounts, I have a problem which I cannot yet solve.

After copying the messages from the previous server (running XMail) into the new accounts with the root-account (owner, group and rights are properly set popuser:popuser and rw for owner), new incoming messages are moved from the /new subdir into the /cur subdir when accessing them with Thunderbird.

BUT:

The message body is not shown, the messages are again unread on next mailbox scan (no ,S is appended to the filename).

Restarting the processes and the whole server did not help.

Moreover, Thunderbird seems to hang on accessing courier-imap with these messages, running up to 100% cpu load after some time.

I could solve that problem for one mail account by deleting and recreating it. For another one, after recreation the former invisible messages appeared, but further new messages showed and show the above problem.

Moreover, SMTP access is very slow (although running on an idle server) and it takes a lot of time even to deliver a small message.

Addendum:

When accessing the mailbox using POP3, the mails are properly downloaded. The POP3 protocol is also handled by courier-imap.

Any idea?

Bye,

Andreas

Later....

For all those converting from XMail to qmail under PLESK, here the solution for the problems occured:

XMail is using CRLF instead of LF to terminate single lines of a message. This is already a problem when trying to combine XMail and courier-imap.

The messages copied from the old installation created by XMail turned out to be the reason.

After moving them away (or finally replacing CRLF with LF again), the problem was gone.

For the slow SMTP, solutions can be found here in the forum.

Here a script to replace CRLF with LF for a bunch of files:

#!/bin/sh
#This is Carriage Return delete
#INPUT: DOS/WIN .txt Format, OUTPUT: UN*X Textformat
#(not really tested, so be careful!)

tmp="/tmp/$RANDOM$RANDOM"

for i in ./*:*
do
echo "Processing: $i"
cat $i | tr -d '\r' > $tmp
test -x $i && chmod ugo+x $tmp
chown popuser:popuser $tmp