• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Cpanel to plesk migration

mleibovici

New Pleskian
Hello guys,

i need some help regardint cpanel to plesk migration.
I have installed plesk and plesk migration tool on windows 2008r2 server.
When I select new migration, under Source server / panel type i don't have cpanel option, just plesk and helm3.
How can i configure/install cpanel as an option on migration tool?

Thanks!

Hello!
thanks for your answer, mate! So, then how can I migrate from Linux to Windows? If i am doing all the migration manually, what I have to do to see the sites in Plesk?

Thanks!

Migration from Linux to Windows is impossible. But you can create corresponding domains in plesk and then migrate their content manually, adapt necessary hosting settings, etc.

Hello!
Ohhh, it wouldn`t be easy, but possible:)
There are 2 ways:
1. You can take an assistance here https://www.plesk.com/professional-services/
2. Or use Custom migration feature (see Migration guide, chapter Migrating From a Linux Server With Custom Hosting)
Second way will require a lot of manual work:
1. you should prepare hosting description file with main objects which you want to be created in Plesk
2. vhosts content could be migrated only manually(or you can copy vhosts content on target server and define paths to content for each domain)
3. mail content and objects can be migrated by the hosting description file and credentials defined in this file

Back