• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Cpanel with Wordpress Migration

Tech Support

New Pleskian
Hi

When migrating from cPanel to Plesk Onyx, Do you need to install word press first on the Plesk Onyx instance of the domain? Or When you select the automatic migration, all the WordPress necessitys come over to the Plesk Onyx?

Thanks

Thank you. Another question.

I have initiated a migration. I put in the root credentials for the cPanel server in the migration process. I have made the connection from the Plesk Onyx server to the cPanel server. How ever, the domain in particular is not showing up in the list of sites available to migrate. What can I do?

Thanks

Hello,

Please check that required domain belong to some account. Root or reseller for example. In case if account belong to reseller then this reseller should have reseller privileges and belong to root. And etc. Sometimes it is need to resave account (reseller) privileges in WHM to update system files for proper functioning of migration in to Plesk.

"wp migrate db" is a best WordPress database migration plugin for WordPress. you can migrate cPanel data easily with this plugin.

Hey guys/gals

I checked the box "show exsisting hosts" and it turns out it "already exsists on the target host"

D'oh!

Thanks for stopping by.

Back