• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue CPU: Critical: 100.00% saturated

aekaek

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 8.5.2111
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.41
Hello,

Please I need your help Please

I have CPU: Critical: 100.00% saturated on my VPS.

Operating system: CentOS 8

I have 7 WordPress websites installed on my VPS, some of my websites are not working, and I can't log in to the back-end of WordPress, I can't log in to the server admin.

I have this notification: The threshold of Apache & PHP-FPM memory usage has been exceeded.

Are I m under attack?

Attached photo to see my problem, I did this command on SSH: top -c

Please tell me how to back my CPU to normal, how to fix it?

Thank you so much for your help.

Attachments

• CPU Critical.PNG
    CPU Critical.PNG
    50 KB · Views: 10
  • CPU Critical 2.PNG
    CPU Critical 2.PNG
    59.6 KB · Views: 10
Have you checked your /var/www/vhosts/<subscription>/logs/access_ssl_log files for suspicious activities?

You log in to your Linux and descend into that directory, then use a command like "less" to view the file.

Or you use the "protocol" link in your Plesk surface to view the log file for a specific domain.

Or count the uniq IP-addresses in the access_log of the subscription:
Code:
# cd /var/www/vhosts/<subscription>/logs/
# cat access_ssl_log | awk '{print $1}' | sort -n | uniq -c | sort -n

Next, try to block the IP-address that's causing the attack using fail2ban:
Code:
# fail2ban-client set recidive banip <IP-address>

Back