1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Creating an RPM package

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by cornerstone, May 6, 2008.

1. cornerstone

cornerstone Guest

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

I am trying to create a custom WordPress install to upload to the Application Vault. We want to install the new version of WP into this package,with prepackaged themes and plugins, as we are stuck with a broken version of 2.3.3, right now.

Is there a way to create this package easier than using Linux commands? My Linux skills are minimal and our other developer has left and took his Linux knowledge with him (He used to do the RPM builds).

Your help is more than appreciated. Please steer me in the right direction.

2. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

To make rpms you always need at least two tools, an editor and rpmbuild, everything else is related to building the package (compilers, interpreters, lint, etc). I haven't made any app vault rpms recently, but I'd be happy to give you pointers. I do have a basic wiki page here:

http://www.atomicorp.com/wiki/index.php/RPMS

This covers some do's and don'ts for packaging, and some specifics for app vault packages. Did you already have a src.rpm of the wordpress appvault package?