• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Creating Db error

Z

zebrafilm

Plesk 8.4 on Win2008 server.
Although previous posts and errors seems to be unanswerred,I stillpost in case more people run into this error.

Created a new domain, then wanted to add a MYSQL DB but it errors out:
I did a DB check and a full check of Plesk but the error stays the same:

<b>Source:</b> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server<br/><b>Description:</b> Invalid column name 'parameters_id'.
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3:206
com->execute(string 'select [id], [host], [port], [type], [admin_login], [admin_password], [last_error], [server_version], [parameters_id] from [DatabaseServers] where [id]=1', NULL null)
1: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3:206
db_query(string 'select [id], [host], [port], [type], [admin_login], [admin_password], [last_error], [server_version], [parameters_id] from [DatabaseServers] where [id]=1')
2: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.Table.php:189
Table->select()
3: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.cObject.php:458
cObject->fetchAttrsFromTable_()
4: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\DatabaseServer.php:40
DatabaseServer->__construct(string '1')
5: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\DatabaseServerManager.php:99
DatabaseServerManager->getServer(string '1')
6: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\databases\db_add.php:123

seems that you have Plesk database stored in MSSQL Server
i cannot say if it solves for sure, but I would try to move Plesk database to another database provider (MySQL for instance) with Plesk reconfigurator tool and check the results

Thanks, exactly my thoughts, but I cannot experiment at the moment because the backup is also not working, (see other threads).

Moving a possible corrupt DB seems also not a good option.
I want to reinstall Plesk clean but than I need at least a good backup, catch 22 here :-(

seems that you have Plesk database stored in MSSQL Server
i cannot say if it solves for sure, but I would try to move Plesk database to another database provider (MySQL for instance) with Plesk reconfigurator tool and check the results

Problem was solved by doing a 'test' run for a DB restore.
Weird but true...

Than I was able to create a backup of the new site and then did a full restore. Seems almost everything is working again.

Is support on a holiday here? Seems very very quiet with answers......

Also you may fix the issue of running command

"%plesk_bin%\dbclient" --direct-sql --sql="ALTER TABLE DatabaseServers ADD COLUMN parameters_id int;"

if i run this command Sergius, i got this message: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'column'.

what i need to do? i can´t use the Server button, my backup is not working, and in the home i got this error too.

sergius, thank you this fixed my issue and you will also need to run "alter table db_users add column status int;" in the psa database

sergius, thank you this fixed my issue and you will also need to run "alter table db_users add column status int;" in the psa database

Hello Ryan11433,

Thank you for the notice. Finally you should run the followings

"%plesk_bin%\dbclient" --direct-sql --sql="ALTER TABLE DatabaseServers ADD COLUMN parameters_id int;"
"%plesk_bin%\dbclient" --direct-sql --sql="ALTER TABLE db_users ADD COLUMN status int;"

if i run this command Sergius, i got this message: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'column'.

what i need to do? i can´t use the Server button, my backup is not working, and in the home i got this error too.

Hello m0rpheu5,

Yep, I've lost symbol ';' in the end of the sql parameter :)

Gentlemen,

Unfortunately we cannot reproduce the issue in out lab and we need your help.

Could you please grant us access to your problem to investigate the issue on site?

Back