• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Creation of additional FTP accounts.

Bas Milius

New Pleskian
Hi,

We have an additional storage drive on one of our servers that we want to use for our local data backups. Is it posible to create an (s)ftp account outside of Plesk to the mount of that drive?

You could also mount a folder from that storage drive to a folder you have configured as an FTP-account....
Don't forget to fix that in /etc/fstab
If I need to do this myself I always need to lookup all the exact commands as I don't need it that often.
You can come up with very powerful solutions with these mounts.

I don't have any servers anymore where I use such tricks...
Another trick is using a symbolic link.

I'm doing something similar...
The back-up of one Plesk server is going to another Plesk server and vice versa....

If I would merely setup a normal FTP-account I would soon run into problems as the back-up would be sent to the source server again as it would get backed up itself.
The backup-size would grow exponentially as the complete back-up of that other server would be added to the next back-up.

That's why I created an FTP-account to a folder inside a domain account called "ftpdumps".
After that I removed the folder and replaced it with a symbolic link

ln -s /var/ftpdumps /var/www/vhosts/plesk4.wolf.com/ftpdumps
ls -altr /var/www/vhosts/plesk4.wolf.com/
Code:
total 20K
drwxr-x---   5 ns4  psaserv 4.0K Mar 16  2017 httpdocs
drwxr-xr-x   2 ns4  psacln  4.0K Mar 16  2017 error_docs
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root      13 Mar 16  2017 ftpdumps -> /var/ftpdumps
drwx--x---   5 ns4  psaserv 4.0K Mar 16  2017 .
drwx------   2 ns4  root    4.0K Jan  3 04:35 logs
drwxr-xr-x 132 root root    4.0K Jan  3 11:25 ..

Last edited:
Back