• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cron test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report

HeineK

New Pleskian
Hello Parallels,

I've been searching the forums for a fix to this issue, but all i've found so far is kind of a "quickfix" to stop my issue from occurring.
I'm not that happy about applying any kind of quickfix to my server to stop this from happening, so i am now asking to discover if there is any other kind of fixes to this.

About daily, i receive a e-mail from the Plesk server, about a Cron job that just have been executed.
Subject: Cron <********> test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )

Is there any way to stop these e-mails from being sent to me?

Information about server
Version: Parallels Plesk Panel v11.5.30_build115130819.13 os_Debian 7.0

Last edited:
Check that this command exists in your /etc/crontab
To disable mail notification, you may have to append "&> /dev/null" at the end of the above listed cron job in the file /etc/crontab.

So applying:
&> /dev/null

In the end of crontab - it wont break anything or stop Cronjobs from executing? - Basicly what i am asking, it will only affect the e-mail part?

My crontab should look like this then:
# /etc/crontab: system-wide crontab
# Unlike any other crontab you don't have to run the `crontab'
# command to install the new version when you edit this file
# and files in /etc/cron.d. These files also have username fields,
# that none of the other crontabs do.

SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

# m h dom mon dow user command
17 * * * * root cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly
25 6 * * * root test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )
47 6 * * 7 root test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.weekly )
52 6 1 * * root test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.monthly )
#
&> /dev/null

No, it should be

25 6 * * * root test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily &> /dev/null )

All right, added the "&> /dev/null" to 3 anacron cronjobs.
To understand what happens, it stops e-mails from being sent - and it doesn't break other cronjobs from executing?
For example, if i add a cronjob to a customer using the plesk interface, it will still execute?

This cronjob script will be executed correctly but output will be sent to /dev/null instead of email.

My crontab: 25 6 * * * root test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily &> /dev/null )

I still get up every morning this mail.

Subjekt: Cron <*********> test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )

Reopen NGINX log files: .

What am I doing wrong?

Got this mail today morning the first time:
ron root@XXX test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/pleskupdate exited with return code 1
Could not log into Plesk no more.
Have to restart the whole Server to get into Plask Panel again!

Back