• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/pleskupdate exited with return code 1

Liwindo

Basic Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian 18.0.58, Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS, x86_64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

Summary:
After upgrading to 18.0.58 daily an error mail for the plesk update arrives with the content
Code:
Cron <<user>@<hostname>> test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )

I can verify that for the two Server instances I have.

It was observed that plesk still updates the minor patch versions correctly while still sending this mail. Also after switching to the official plesk repository it didn't stopped.

The workaround provided by Issue - run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/pleskupdate exited with return code 1 hasn't worked, now the following content is received:
Code:
/etc/cron.daily/pleskupdate:
ATTENTION: The command line option &quot;--reinstall-patch&quot; is obsolete and will be ignored.

ERROR: Error when analysing the command line: No arguments are allowed after the options.
The following arguments were found after the last option:
/dev/null

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Not known

ACTUAL RESULT

error mails with content mentioned above

EXPECTED RESULT

no error mail

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Please provide at least a workaround on short notice which supresses the mail, as it's higly annoying.

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

It's a known issue. Plesk is in touch with Strato to clarify this problem:

Last edited:
@CHE Did you check the thread that Maarten provided? You should be able to remove the one line from the cron job that doesn't belong there.

remove
/opt/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base 2>&1 /dev/null
from
/etc/cron.daily/pleskupdate

@CHE Did you check the thread that Maarten provided? You should be able to remove the one line from the cron job that doesn't belong there.

remove
/opt/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base 2>&1 /dev/null
from
/etc/cron.daily/pleskupdate
I have not try it yet. I have comment that line out now. We will see it tomorrow, if it fix it. Thank you very much!

Plesk cannot find a solution as the line is introduced by Strato. We cannot just remove it, because there could be cases where such a line makes sense.

Back