• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cross-OS DNS

D

DanM

I have scoured the forum, wondering if it is possible to setup the DNS to route via a BIND setup on a front-end DNS server we have? I as of yet have not been able to find an apropriate solution, and was wondering if any techie of forum user was familiar with any method of doing so.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

There is no way in hell im paying for that software it truely is a rip off!

Bind 9.0 has an application which updates everything called RNDC. If configured correctly, it is easily possible for BIND to update the local NS as well as a remote servers NS, providing setup correctly on server and client...

This makes life alot easier and cheaper.

Dan

I think you are wrongly wired.it is as you with photoshop a word document to create wants.thus does not grumble simply in such a way, if your conceptions the reality do not correspond. I experience it often the fact that customers it more simply and more cheaply wants to have the opposite to experience.

forwardings of the dns zone must be solved with others scripts or programms because that is dependent of the infrastructure

write a script(is called if dns an entry is changed) with rndc that the zone transfers according to your structure.there are enough examples in the InterNet.

you need to write a few scripts and run them with cron..

the problem is every control panel can make a new domain, and you can't use zone updates for that, you need to create a new file for each new zone on each slave server.

I know. he has cried like a baby.

I seek actually also to solve this problem. does someone know a prog that this makes?

I believe that plesk that to make could. the appropriate exe modules exist (windowsBind and windowsDNS and unixBind) and over plesk expand are partially addressed.
a solution needs it also for a secondary mailserver

Back