1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Crossgrading experiences between CentOS 3.4 and Debian 3.1

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by PSi_101, Jun 13, 2005.

1. PSi_101

PSi_101 Regular Pleskian

57%
    Just some words about my experience moving my data between CentOS 3.4 and Debian 3.1.
    For the most part it worked well. I backed up my data on the CentOS server with psadump, then moved the data to the Debian server for a psarestore. I created the ipmap and shellmap files and the restore went smoothly. Only 3 things went wrong:
    1) Spamassassin went screwy, it applied itself to mail accounts which I told it not to. Had to run mchk to fix it up.
    2) SSL certificates got did not come across smoothly. Needed to reupload all certificates.
    3) psadump missed 2 directories for some reason.

Other than that it went extremely well.

2. NVarra

NVarra Guest

Thanks for the post PSi_101. It's always nice to hear peoples first hand experiences like this.

With Debians nice long release cycles SW-Soft has no excuse but to make the Debian version the most stable, bug-free release. :) *crosses fingers*