• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue cURL error 7: Failed connect to web.com:443; Connection refused

Albertini

New Pleskian
Hello, I am very new and young at Plesk.

First forgive for my English, the question is that I have a web wordpress on a Plesk Obsidian web server, which previously in another shared plesk worked perfectly for me, now when I move it because of expanding capacity, I get this error "cURL error 7: Failed connect to web.com:443; Connection refused " and I don't know what it could be, I have checked the server firewall and the port is open, in the wordpress application in a backup plugin, when I run it, I get this error and in another Ssl plugin, it also appears in settings, indicating that "The mixed content solver could not be detected due to that error."

I don't know what could be, I hope someone can help me.

The plugins used are: BACKWPUP and SSL Really Simple.

Thanks in advance.

I get this error "cURL error 7: Failed connect to web.com:443; Connection refused " and I don't know what it could be

Such error happens normally when the firewall is blocking the access to that port.
If it is a URL pointing to your server then open the Port 443 in the firewall.

Hi, thanks for your quick response. TCP ports 443 are open on the server, there must be something wrong with the settings on the Plesk server.

Are you using fail2ban? Then make sure that the Server IP is trusted, it can be that it gets banned and with that the internal requests get refused.
Other than that you will need to provide more information about the curl request, etc. so that we can try help

Excuse me, I'm pretty new to plesk and server maintenance. The thing is that the same error appears in both the BackWpup backup plugin and the SSL Really Simply plugin.

For example, in the BackWpup backup program with Wp-cron disabled and working as a task every 5 minutes through the server, it gives me the error when running backup.

Fail2Ban I have disabled it completely and it keeps giving the same error.

From the little information provided, it's not looking like a Plesk issue. Have you tried disabling your firewalld daemon and then running that command? If that yields the same result, you may have an upstream port block.

Back