• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

cURL error description: transfer closed with outstanding read data remaining

JulianP

Basic Pleskian
Hi

I get a notification email...

Code:
Unable to update . An error occurred while processing your key. You can try updating it later.

...so I log into Plesk license management and click 'Retrieve Keys'. The following message is displayed:

Code:
Unable to connect to license server https://ka.parallels.com:5224/xmlrpc.
cURL error description: transfer closed with outstanding read data remaining(18)

There are posts about the curl error on other sites, but they all seem to be from developers and the solution is to program cUrl differently, so as a Plesk user this option obviously isn't open to me.

How can I go about locating & fixing the problem?

Thanks,
Julian

Are you sure that port 5224 is not firewalled on your Plesk server?

It wasn't open, but I opened it and this appears to have resolved the issue. Thanks for your help in fixing this.

This is strange because Plesk 11 was installed on a clean Windows server. Other ports are listed as being opened for Plesk and these must have been configured by the installer. I have never needed to manually configure firewall ports for Plesk. I'm sure license updates were working Is this a new requirement resulting from a microupdate?

This error is happening again with exactly the same error message as before. The windows firewall has an outbound rule opening port 5224 for TCP.

There is a similar error happening with Wordpress plugin auto-installs:
Download failed. transfer closed with 15032 bytes remaining to read
In this case the URL of the file being downloaded is https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/mollom.2.2.zip

The number of bytes varies. The same problem happens with php 5.2 and 5.3 (Haven't tried 5.4)

This is a recent clean install of Plesk 11.5 on Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit.

I am trying to recreate the problem by reverse engineering a php script with some success. This might lead to a plugin to fix the problem on Wordpress, but can't help with Plesk - and it doesn't appear to be possible to change the php curl defaults.

Is this a known problem? How can I go about locating & fixing it?

Thanks,
Julian

Back