• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Curl failed: error setting certificate verify locations

Jawad

New Pleskian
I am opening connection with google server for some services, and trying to verify the peer using
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, true);
but it gave me following error.

Curl failed: error setting certificate verify locations:
CAfile: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PHPSettings\cacert.pem
CApath: none

Then I manually downloaded the certificate of that google services server using chrome, and uploaded it manually in the root document directory of my shared plesk windows server. and I set the path of the certificate like below, and every thing works fine.

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CAINFO, getcwd() . "/GoogleCA.crt");

But I want a nicer and secure way to do it. Any suggestions are welcome. thankyou in advance.

Hi Jawad,

first of all, pls. be informed, that your thread is not at all "Plesk - related". You should consider to discuss non - Plesk - related issues/errors/problems/discussions at:

But I want a nicer and secure way to do it. Any suggestions are welcome. thankyou in advance.
Pls read the some official documents, in order to inform yourself about the "CA-Bundle" - usage for ca-certificates with curl on windows - based systems:

Back