• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Custom subdomain root path

ChrisHet

New Pleskian
Hi,

I was trying to figure out a way to specify a default parent of document root path without typing it every time when trying to create a subdomain. I was wondering if there's any file I need to edit or create...

Thanks,
Won Yang

Now "site1" (or "site2", etc.. the first non existent directory) is set as docroot by default, there is no way to change it.
What would you like to see here?

I noticed there's a "subdomains" directory in the root, so I was just wondering if I can set that permanently somehow to avoid typing in "subdomains" everytime I want to create subdomains in that directory...

ex)
to create subdomains: "subdomains/site1", "subdomains/site2", "subdomains/site3", etc...
I just want to type in "site1", "site2", "site3", etc... so all of the sites would be created in "subdomains" directory.

There will be times that I would actually forget to type in "subdomains" and the subdomain sites will get created outside of the "subdomains" directory.

Back